no debt, no savings, no assets, just blah. HALP!

Options
14567810»

Comments

• lessavyfav
    lessavyfav Posts: 232 Forumite
    Options
    Ergh, I am still hating my job with a passion, but I am over a third of the way through my contract now (longer than I thought I would last!) Still looking around and there's a few potential things here and there, but nothing moves along quickly. Got to be patient and trust that the right thing will come along when it needs to.

I was using my own laptop for work, as they don't have enough computers for freelancers - stoopid. And my laptop completely died on me, it just broke and came apart at the screen! I've had it for over 5 years so I knew the time would come soon. As a result, work has managed to find me a laptop to use that I take home every night, so I'm going to see if I can do without a laptop till the end of the contract. It's a better laptop than my old one too!

In other news, not much is happening with wedding plans but I did get a quote sent through from a catering supplier and was pleasantly surprised. They are a small team but everything is personalised and all sounds delicious - they're also much cheaper than a lot of the bigger places whose food doesn't look so appealing. So I am going to book time to try the food and fingers crossed it's a winner!

My boyfriend and I worked out we would roughly need to save around £6000 each for the wedding (some contributions will come from our families on top of this), and I'm hoping I'll get a large chunk of this from this contract I'm on. Once I get to £6000, I will be able to save towards a house deposit, all before the wedding date - woohoo! That's the plan, anyway :T
    Giant London-sized mortgage (started July 2017) £472,561 /£499,000 Current LTV 85%
    S&S ISA £947
    EF: £15,000£15,000 100% to goal
    Renovation fund: £7,275/£10,000 72.5% to goal
    Car savings fund: £9,580/£13,000 73.6% to goal
  • lessavyfav
    Options
    It's been a while..I've been keeping very busy!

I somehow got through the three month contract that I really didn't think I would get through..I can now put 'tenacious' on my CV as it was a tough one but the money was all worth it!

I'm now doing a tiny contract (a few days a month till December) for another company, so I need to supplement it with other freelance work. I've been asked by my old boss to come back for a couple of months but I need to move on from that side of work I was doing and stick to the more creative goal I have. If it was only a few weeks I would be tempted but she's already told me there will be a job for me and I know I just don't want to do it - I need to focus!

I recently went on a holiday with my boyfriend and some friends - sadly the weather was awful and we got no pool time (which was the intention), I also managed to catch a cold. ha! Lots of wine, eating and reading to make up for it though. No more holidays for a while, it's time to get serious about the wedding savings which is less than a year away now!

Once the next pay comes in, I'll put another chunk of savings away for the wedding bringing me really close to my goal - then it will be extra money for the house deposit. :cool:

Must. Update. More. Gotta keep myself in check.
    Giant London-sized mortgage (started July 2017) £472,561 /£499,000 Current LTV 85%
    S&S ISA £947
    EF: £15,000£15,000 100% to goal
    Renovation fund: £7,275/£10,000 72.5% to goal
    Car savings fund: £9,580/£13,000 73.6% to goal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business