Someone using my address to get credit

Options
Can anyone please provide me with help and advice. A previous tennant of the house I own and have done for 4 years, seems to be still using this address for gaining credit. I get many phone calls and letters addressed to this person, I have even taken to phoning some of these companies up and explaining. I believe they have loans out and store cards. After phoning a loan company they told me to send the letter back to them. However still I get mail shots from store card companies inviting the person to use their card at special events. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why not send the mail back marked 'Unknown at this address' ?
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • I have done in the past, then I was gettting phone calls for this person which made me wonder if they were getting me blascklisted, so I have informed who I can and obviously they are still managing to use this address but are having the cards delivered elsewhere...

Thanks for the reply
  • jonesMUFCforever
    jonesMUFCforever Posts: 28,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Get yourself registered at that address on electoral roll.
  • holidayqueen
    Options
    Its possible that this person is applying for credit from another address and once its been granted and the funds/goods etc are received, they then give a change of address to yours. Which would explain why you only ever receive reminders/invitations etc after the initial application has been made.
    If you receive any telephone calls I woulds suggest you ask if there's been any coa on the account (they poss wont tell you, re dpa) but it should point any slightly intelligent person in the right direction of where they should be contacting this person.
    Have you considered changing your tel no and going ex-dir, or register for the telephone preference service on 08450700707 that may help.
    As long as none of the mail you receive is in your name (fraudulent application) and its just in this person's name (assuming you have no financial link to them) you cannot be rejected for credit on their credit history.
    That having been said, an individual creditor would look at how many applications had been made to their company from your address and take it into consideration.
    Hope this helps
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport