Pigeons

Had solar panels fitted a year ago, but the last few months noticed there were an awful lot of pigeons on roof.

At first I thought it was due to a tree being removed from a nearby garden, but, it seems they all over the roof, but were congregating near the panels.

There are masses of twigs and there are often eggs on the ground and of course the mess.

Got a plastic bird of prey, but they ain't scared.

Seen several on other solar panelled roofs, but have now noticed they are getting under panels (using it as a shelter).

Has anyone else experienced this and over come the problem

Comments

• Hello

Thanks for replying, not sure I could get spikes all the way up the roof as they cling up from the bottom to the top almost the whole surface.

What sort of deterrent, is there a pigeon based one and where do you think I could get it from?
  • Yut_Man
    Yut_Man Posts: 139 Forumite
    If you want a bit of info about a fellow solar panel owner and pigeons ill guide to his 2011 blog http://www.malcolmknight.co.uk/blog/2011.htm.

fortuntly I dont have the problem but they seem to be right so and soes
  • Hello!
    You also may try a wind mobiles against pigeons in your case. Also you'll get direction of the wind:). Pigeon spikes are good solution too. Let us know what you've done and what helps. Thanks.
    Read my blog for the best DIY solar panels tips
  • Hi,

I am sorry to hear of the problems that you are having with pigeons on your solar panel.

Can I please suggest that which ever method you use to deter the pigeons, please ensure it does not harm them physically. Spikes and visual deterrents sound fine but NOT poisons......it is a life which has all the senses that humans have (can feel pain!) but cannot speak.

I hope you solve your problem soon and would encourage you to perhaps call a few pest control companies for 'quotes' to obtain HUMANE deterrent ideas.

Kind regards,
    B
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family