How to Make Money!

Options
I need 3/4K as soon as possible.

I have 2K but get paid in 3 weeks approx £900.

Any ideas how to make extra cash? Im selling rubbish on ebay and im looking for a second job!

Any other ways to make cash! police lineups perhaps! anything!

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you can get your head round matched betting then you could make a bit from that, but please please please don't rush into it, make sure you read the beginners guide on the gambling board and do practice runs first.

Otherwise, how about putting a card up in the local shop offering gardening services or something - at this time of year there is loads of work to be done in the garden which people are unable to do because of time or ability constraints?

Good luck!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • kriss_boy
    kriss_boy Posts: 2,131 Forumite
    Options
    Well Im pretty clued up on safe betting. I made about £15 out of the parrot davis snooker match!!

I stuck £25 on Ebdon to win the whole thing at 17/1 = £375. And to protect that £25 investment I can back his opponents on his raod to winning it!!

how do you work out the formulas to find the arbs though? Do you use arbhunter.co.uk? I use to be a member but thats £10 to sign up again!
  • newmum1
    newmum1 Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you looked aroung for a second job e.g. pizza delivery driver or mcdonalds etc etc
  • kriss_boy
    Options
    newmum1 wrote: »
    Have you looked aroung for a second job e.g. pizza delivery driver or mcdonalds etc etc

Im going to sound like a complete snob but im just not prepared to work in retail again!!!

While i was at uni i worked in a few shops and it was a nightmare!! The general public can be so ignorant!!! Since i finished uni and quit those jobs its something i promised myself id never do again!!
  • Crown
    Crown Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Kriss Boy,

I really dont mean any offence but reading your post you are coming across as the ignorant one. I used to be in a position where I was a manager of a store making good money. When I was made redundant I had to take on another job and did so I was not out of work. In my case I moved into sales what I really do not like to be honest.

I have now also got a 2nd job at Tesco at the weekends on the checkouts as like you I really want to raise some money quickly. I realise that you feel that retail is beneath you but you do not have to stay there for years. you could earn earn 4K in less than than 6 months and then move on.

As soon as I have elimanted my debts I plan on trying to get back into a more relaxing job where I am not working 7 days a week and do something im actually trained in. If you cant be bothered to start at the bottom then noone is going to give you a chance.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 297 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts :D
  • art_student
    Options
    How about mystery shopping? There is a thread on here about that. Do a search for it.
  • hannahsmummy1
    Options
    if you want to pay off your debts- its hard work- i get up early on a thursday morning and deliver papers, and i also work part time at a bingo hall- i do avon and i sell things on ebay- i also do mystery shopping, surveys, and i have just applied for aqa- I have one degree in french & german and up until last year was studying for a second degree in psychology- all this whilst being a full time mother and wife & paying my debts off- it isnt easy, but in a year (i owe just under 6k) i WILL be debt free and then i can relax, till then i will take every opportunity to get myself out of this mess, but it isnt easy- if you really want to pay off your debts asap you would look into all these options- dont mean to come across as harsh! Good luck!
    Now im debt free i want to be fat free too!
  • kriss_boy
    Options
    Crown wrote: »
    I really dont mean any offence but reading your post you are coming across as the ignorant one.

I realise that you feel that retail is beneath you but you do not have to stay there for years. you could earn earn 4K in less than than 6 months and then move on.

So people who have worked in retial but hated it and thus arent prepared to go back as a second income are ignorant? Thats ridiculous.

If I lost my job then by all means Id take any work I could get. But because of bad experiences thru uni working in shops im ignorant for not wanting to go back?

I never said it was beneath me either nor did I imply that.

A secret shopper sounds awesome though!! I'll do some research!!
  • rayday2
    rayday2 Posts: 3,960 Forumite
    Options
    Not all shops are the same and they differ according to the areas they are in too. Definately retail would mean you can work around your other job, there is all sorts like bar work through to petrol forecourts. The later would be ideal for you no one speaks to you they just pass you the £10.01 (they always go over!)

Mystery shopping is OK but you are talking about an odd £10 here or there not the 3/4k you said you need in your first post!
  • kriss_boy
    Options
    I was guessing mystery shopping would be about £20/25 a go, not 10!

I guess i could start trading on ebay again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure