Block building insurance for Glasgow Tenements

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
3 replies 1.7K views
BoardbabeBoardbabe Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
We are paying £600 per flat annually for buildings insurance through our factors. That is £3600 in total!!!!

This seems very very expensive to me.
Can anyone recommend an insurance company that does this kind of insurance so I can get a comparative quote?

I'd be interested to hear what other people pay for their block buildings cover.



  • jenniferniljennifernil Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    Our daughter pays £260 for hers, but 14 flats in the block, modern.
  • CurlyCurly Forumite
    398 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    check your contract i think majority rules so if you get everyone to agree to get there own insurance and send in proof then i think that would do a also think they cant auto renew the policy without the majority accepting the new price
    If you want to get with me there's some things you got to know,
    I like my beats fast and my base down low
  • You would need to check your deeds with regards to going & getting your own! We pay about £280 block of 52 through our factor. They got the insurance from a company called Bluefin Insurance


    Shop one - A vs T
    Shop two - A vs W
    And then repeat :j:j:j
    & now add - A vs S
    What the heck A vs the world :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda

MSE Deals