We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Mortgage, age and disabled!

luckyden
luckyden Posts: 33 Forumite
edited 15 December 2012 at 5:50PM in Mortgages & endowments
I am a 54 year old single mother who is finding things increasingly difficult at present. I was offered a bank loan last year to carry out some much needed home improvements and to consilidate some credit card loans. A month later my ex became unemployed and all maintenance money stopped and now things have become impossible as I cannot afford the loan and/or my mortgage. THE halifax will not let me remortgage although i have £200,000 equity and have never missed a payment. Advice anyone?? :(

Comments

  • GMS
    GMS Posts: 5,392
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    luckyden wrote: »
    I am a 54 year old single mother who is finding things increasingly difficult at present. I was offered a bank loan last year to carry out some much needed home improvements and to consilidate some credit card loans. A month later my ex became unemployed and all maintenance money stopped and now things have become impossible as I cannot afford the loan and/or my mortgage. THE halifax will not let me remortgage although i have £200,000 equity and have never missed a payment. Advice anyone?? :(

    Equity doesn't pay the mortgage so it is not relevant.

    Could you rent a room out to help?
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a mortgage adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.