Bannatynes Gyms

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
3 replies 3.4K views
tinkletinkle Forumite
156 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Scotland
Hi

Does anybody have any review of Bannatynes gyms in Scotland? Looking to join Dunfermline or more likely Perth. Looking to find out good/bad reviews before signing on the dotted line.

Cheers

Replies

• I think I'd really suggest you just tour the one you're thinking of going to. See if they do day passes. They've constantly got special offers in my one.

I don't know if reviews are worth much as standards may vary from gym to gym in the chain. I certainly found when I joined my local Bannatyne's that none of the online reviews bore any resemblance to my local gym.

One example: I saw repeatedly complaints about cleanliness in some reviews for some branches. At my branch I wish they'd bloody stop cleaning! Can hardly step on a cross-trainer without someone nearby poking a hoover around, or go for a swim without the cleaning staff swarming everywhere mopping and wiping.

My only complaints are a lack of attention at my branch to smaller details. Like one shower cubical with no hook on back door, another that you can't angle the shower properly, third where the shelf is wobbly. Little small things that people probably don't report yet you wish they'd care enough to notice and fix.
  • BuzbyBuzby Forumite
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    To save money, check out your local Council-run centres, which are often excellent value and considerably cheaper.
  • bathgatebuyerbathgatebuyer Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was a member of a Livingwell that became a Bannatynes a few years back. Although the gym was really handy, I fell away from it and was paying £55 for something I wasn't really using (can't swim and no chance of me wearing a swimsuit for the sauna or steam rooms!). I really enjoyed some of the classes there, especially the boxercise and circuits, but they moved away from those classes, and I never moved onto the things they replaced them with.

I'm now with Pure Gym which costs £17.99. I do more running these days so the gym is more a supplement to that, and it works well for me - and saves me money.

It depends what you want from the gym I guess.
    Almost debt-free, but certainly even with the Banks!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals