PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Anyone else having problem with Aldi Washing powder?

Options
13»

Comments

• bassplayer73
    Options
    Hi guys, I have the same problem using Aldi's non bio. If you hear anything from Aldi please let me know. I will be contacting them myself.
  • chinagirl
    chinagirl Posts: 875 Forumite
    Options
    I've been using Aldi Colour Liquid wash for some years, and no problems at all. In fact, I use less of it than used to and the clothes are just as clean.

I stopped using powder years ago, as any brand of powder seems 'gunky' to me.
    keep smiling,
    chinagirl x
  • planetwarp
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem with ALDI powder-I come to collect my washing then when I check the drawer there is a large amount of undissolved powder!
    Not only that but the colours of the clothes (some old and fine before) seem to fade after a single wash! I think the stuff is awful. I don't think it's soluble enough in water so you have lots left in the drawer and rinsing in the machine won't get it all out of your clothes. I've gone back to persil liquid and my clothes smell lovely without stiffness and fading.

BTW use of fabric conditioner is such a waste of money and is bad for your clothes and machines! use white vinegar in the rinse cycle. It dissolves the soapy deposits and limescale in clothes and softens towels beautifully and it also washes the limescale out of your machine :)

Fabric conditioner is yet another 'product' we've been brainwashed into thinking we need!

C
  • mandym
    mandym Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another eczema sufferer here, even using Fairy irritates my skin. I use Surcare to do my washing. It's non biological and doesn't contain any perfumes or dyes, you can get it both as a powder and a liquid but it can be a bit difficult to find on the shelves in the supermarket. It's well worth looking for.
  • ChileanRed
    Options
    Hi folks,
    I too have the same problem with this washing powder. As WHICH? gave it such good reviews, I went out and bought two big boxes of the stuff. I used up my remaining DAZ with no problems whatsoever...then tried the Aldi.
    As with other users, approx 1/2 - 3/4 of it stays in the drawer - and I'm not using too much. Bought a small packet of DAZ and tried that again this evening ...works a treat!
    As it is not recommended to put the powder directly into the drum, I wonder about mixing it with water first?
    Any bright ideas or solutions....I don't want to waste the powder... but most certainly will not be buying it again...........
  • GreenFairy
    Options
    I'm using ecover sensitive at the moment and it's working fine for me. I use vinegar as softener. Most washing powders/liquid don't work for me - they're far too harsh, especially for undies and clothing worn in direct contact with the skin. I'm hoping to make some laundry gloop to give it a try though - I have some homemade soap, but I'm sure you could make it with Simple soap or something that doesn't irritate your skin when you wash with it. Cheap as chips too :)
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    A wee update for you all. I got a letter back from Aldi saying the usual stuff about high quality, customer satisfaction etc etc.
    They did send me a voucher for £3, and asked me that if I had the problem again, to send them the box with some of the product inside, so they could test it.
    I am going to do just that. I think I will also count up all the replies on here of people who have had problems, and a link to this thread, so that they know that there is definitely a problem.
    Seriously though guys, maybe if we all sent them letters, or took the powder back for a refund, then they may do something. Especially ChileanRed.... get your money back for both boxes!
    I'm still using it myself, as I have discovered that the little bit that is getting into the machine, is cleaning the clothes better than Fairy. I am only using the wee scoop that comes in a tub of Vanish, so def not too much.
    As for using conditioner, I only use it because you get absolutely no 'clean' smell on your clothes, when you use Fairy, unless they are line-dried in summer. I have 'fresh washing smell envy'!! I have to say, the kids aren't itching anywhere near as much as they were before!
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • kesimmonds
    Options
    Thanks very much for the update Rosie. I'm glad you're directing their attention to this thread. I'm still using the Aldi stuff by putting it directly in the drum and rubbing it through the holes before I put the dirty washing in, but when the pack is used I shan't be buying any more.. Please keep us informed of anything they say, but I suspect your reply will get 'lost' in the system.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure