Pizza Express - Not accepting Tesco clubcard vouchers

Options
Went to Pizza Express this evening armed with £30 of in-date Tesco Clubcard Vouchers. However when it came to pay, we were informed by the waitress that the restaurant (in Cambridge) had received an email from head office stating that they were no longer allowed to accept Tescos Clubcard vouchers. She couldn't give any more explanation and just said that they were told that everyone (I don't know if this refers to Tescos customers or Pizza Express customers) should have received an email explaining this, which obviously we didn't.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem? We've always been able to use them before, and Tescos are still advertising Pizza Express vouchers as an option online....

Comments

• robbiewilliams
    Options
    I think this is just for December. I had an email from Tesco reminding me that I couldn't use mine for the month :-(
  • adoreholidays
    Options
    Hi are you sure it isn't because of Christmas every year they put an exemption on Pizza Express over the Christmas period due to high volume and this year no different this is the link from the tesco rewards page.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=2801

But they have made this reward a lot more difficult they now email you codes which you are more likely to forget are in your inbox :eek: where as with paper vouchers can be physically seen ie in handbag so you remember to use them. They also come in £20 amounts rather than £10 ie order £50 worth you will get 2 x £20 and 1 x £10 or order £100 you will get 5 X £20:eek: because you don't get change there is a bigger margin between the £20 than the £10 so you have to think more about what you are ordering ie if meal comes to £37 you either loose £3 by using 2 x £20 or only use 1 x £20 and have to pay £17 + drinks costs:mad::mad::mad:. Also since Aug this year you can no longer return unused vouchers:(.

I remember also you could order Pizza Express vouchers and use them in any of the retaurants not now have to be in that specific restaurant:( again a disadvantage as you now have to plan ahead where you may want to eat. Where as before if you going on holiday and not sure what restaurants maybe there they were generic so could be used in several places
  • PizzaMan
    Options
    Same thing happened to us last night. We were livid. We had paper vouchers with very specific expiry dates on them (all valid until 2013) and they also had specific dates on them when they were not valid (July-August 2012...presumably due to summer hols/olympics rush etc) but said nothing on them about not being valid during December.

We were then shown print-off from website (similar to one linked above) but this refers to product code L2110 which I think are the e-vouchers you receive and download yourself.....ours were pre-printed from Tesco and had product code L2037.

It felt very wrong. There wasn't even a statement on the vouchers to say "please check websites for updates" or anything like that. We're going to take it up with Tesco/PE as I'm pretty sure they are not in the right.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure