HMV - safe?

Options
My mother is quite worried about buying HMV gift vouchers as Christmas presents as her partner has been saying that HMV are in trouble. He seems to feel that they could go into administration at pretty much any time now, so it would be too risky. I've had a quick google, but cant seem to see anything that would make him think that (other than declining sales due to the increase of online sales). I know none of us have crystal balls, but its this a wide spread belief about HMV? Thanks for reading.

Comments

• woohoo_postingid
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't buy gift vouchers for any company at the moment, not the way things are going. If a company goes belly-up you will be at the bottom of the list of creditors and will lose your money. Give cash - accepted everywhere.
  • zenseeker
    zenseeker Posts: 4,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why not just give the cash? Bank notes are wonderful gift vouchers that can be used anywhere and won't become worthless if a store goes under
    We have removed your signature - please contact the forum team if you are not sure why - Forum Team
  • ssmith.73
    Options
    HMV accept Love2Shop gift vouchers, so maybe get those instead. They can be used at dozens of other places too, so if HMV do go into administration they would still be valid elsewhere.
  • silkcutblue
    Options
    Leave vouchers and give cash.
  • cdam
    cdam Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Cash is king at the moment
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing