Ipod nano won't connect with laptop??

Hi all you techies, my 6 week old Ipod Nano now refuses to connect with my laptop...says something about error code 43??? Any ideas?
Debt-free...and staying that way...

Comments

• OK have you tried the obvious things, such as restarting the lap top, resetting iPod, updating iTunes software, updating the OS.
    I'm retiring at 55. You can but dream.
  • We have re started laptop, and checked for itunes updates....ipod just seems dead, we plug it in and...nothing...doesn't switch on,itunes doesn't sync with it...laptop says USB device has malfunctioned and windows does not recognise it?? It's only just over 1 month old:mad:
  • Are you saying iPod won't switch on at all? Originally you said it wouldn't connect to laptop.

Have you tried powering it up at the mains? Does it charge then?
    I'm retiring at 55. You can but dream.
  • It didn't come with a mains connector, just a charger for USB port...no,no sign of life at all....doesn't light up when you plug usb charger in..nothing..
  • googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I googled "iPod error 43" and it seems many others have had the same error, and still more others have posted solutions in various places....
  • Yes,tried some of those. I spoke to Apple who talked me through a restart technique-no dice. Apple say it is dead and are delivering a replacement!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport