Can't log into Universal Jobmatch.

.... I'm am just trying to log in to The Universal Jobmatch Website and it keeps on telling me that my log in details are wrong - Which they are not! And you can't even use the "Forgotten your password" link.

Considering how they want us all to apply for any and every job going, they certainly do not make it easy for us do they?!!!!

Comments

• sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    had the same problem, must of try 10 times , and still coudn't, got sent new details and still could not get in.

In the end I started the registering process again, it gives you an option to retain or transfer, as you will most likely be using the same email so it will already be registered, so pick the trnsfer option and you should be ok.
  • Russe11
    Russe11 Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    Write it in your job search book.
  • I tried to register and my am getting failed reply in my inbox. Is it possible to apply for a job on the site without registering because I am really struggling. Technology is not my strongest point.
  • sniggings
    sniggings Posts: 5,281
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    ditzyat50 wrote: »
    I tried to register and my am getting failed reply in my inbox. Is it possible to apply for a job on the site without registering because I am really struggling. Technology is not my strongest point.

yes, you can still read the job vacancies, or use indeed site, it's a bit easier and has the same jobs and more.
  • UKaiser
    UKaiser Posts: 25 Forumite
    There is no mandatory reqiurmenjt to register they cannot sanction you for refusing to share your personal details as this is against the law.

You do not need to register let alone doing if twice because thats just daft. You might as well go get a bar code tattoo on your forehead now before that becomes mandatory eh? Beat the que to the gas chamber eh?
  • SLAYFIELD1 wrote: »
    .... I'm am just trying to log in to The Universal Jobmatch Website and it keeps on telling me that my log in details are wrong - Which they are not! And you can't even use the "Forgotten your password" link.

Considering how they want us all to apply for any and every job going, they certainly do not make it easy for us do they?!!!!

I had trouble signing in until I changed my brower settings to "accept all cookies" or equivalent.
  • brightonman123
    brightonman123 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2012 at 11:53PM
    can still do job searches (last time i looked!) -

do you now have to register, to be able to apply for stuff online now, via jcp?

update - this seems to vary, regarding whichever firm advertising.. just tried two jobs, one went straight to the firm site, another required JCP login..
    Long time away from MSE, been dealing real life stuff..
    Sometimes seen lurking on the compers forum :-)
  • krok
    krok Posts: 358 Forumite
    UKaiser wrote: »
    There is no mandatory reqiurmenjt to register they cannot sanction you for refusing to share your personal details as this is against the law.

You do not need to register let alone doing if twice because thats just daft. You might as well go get a bar code tattoo on your forehead now before that becomes mandatory eh? Beat the que to the gas chamber eh?
    Take this with you next time.
    I am not legally trained but if you think this is useful use it and post it to any relevant site or blog. It might give others ideas for improving it:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am trying to find a job. I search for jobs. I apply for any for which I am qualified. I even apply for some for which I am not qualified but which I believe I could do. I do not need to register on the Universal Jobmatch site.

You must be aware that the internet is used by malicious and mischievous people who try to trick others into giving up valuable personal information which can be used for criminal purposes.

The first Principle of the Data Protection Act, 1998, gives me the legal right to withhold personal information. I do not give my consent for my personal information to be given to commercial organisations which I choose not to give it to. It is not necessary for me to give away this right for the purposes of searching for a job. This is particularly important in offering protection against my personal information being used by criminals.

Monster Jobs has been hacked into before and will be hacked into again.

Government sites have been hacked into before and will be hacked into again.

Information held by the Government, and supposedly kept secure, has been lost and made public - and will be again.

I have no faith in the ability of Monster Jobs or in the Government to keep my personal information safe.

There is an admittance on the Universal Jobmatch site that the security of personal information cannot be guaranteed.

There is no guarantee that personal information cannot be transferred to any country in the world, which is against the Eighth Principle of the Data Protection Act, 1998.

My rights to the privacy of my personal information are also guaranteed under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

Anyone registering with the Universal Jobmatch site could be open to exploitation by unscrupulous and fake employers. To get a job, one needs to give the potential employer their name, address, date of birth, NI number and bank details. Job seekers will be forced to hand over this information to anyone who claims to be an employer and who claims to be offering a job to the job seeker. We have already seen bogus job advertisements, including one supposedly for MI6 and another one with a Thailand email address which was a clear attempt at identity theft, and which were not intercepted before appearing on the Universal Jobmatch site. The administrators of that site are clearly incapable of running it correctly and there is no guarantee that matters will improve: every Government-sponsored computerised system has been found to be faulty, and this one follows that pattern.

Job seekers are asked to make their personal information public but the Government will not and cannot offer any protection for it nor does it offer any compensation for the job seekers whose information will be used for criminal purposes.

Because of everything alluded to above I most strongly object to being forced to register with Universal Jobmatch. It is an infringement of my rights under the Data Protection Act, 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights, and will not enhance my ability to find a job. It will leave me vulnerable to criminal activity and could put me in danger in ways that are yet to be determined.

I would only register with the Universal Jobmatch site if I receive a signed letter from a member of the Job Centre or the Department for Work and Pensions which acknowledges my objections and which states that I am being forced or compelled to register on the Universal Jobmatch site under the threat of sanctions.

The letter must contain a complete copy of this letter and must allude to it. It must also agree that I will be entitled to compensation if my personal details are used for criminal purposes or in some way that harms me, my reputation or my prospects.

If I do not receive that letter it will be obvious that there is no legality in the compulsory registration on the Universal Jobmatch site.

If I receive that letter, it will be tacit agreement that the one signing it, or the organisation they represent, will be liable for the payment or provision of any compensation or any other form of redress obtained by me, or by others on my behalf, for the forced loss of my rights under the Data Protection Act, 1998 and/or under the European Convention on Human Rights, or for any loss or inconvenience caused by criminal or mischievous activity because of my personal details being on the Universal Jobmatch site.

I repeat that I am trying to find work, I search in various ways and places and I do not need to register on the Universal Jobmatch site but would do so under protest (and maintaining my rights) if given the guarantees I have asked for in this letter and the acknowledgement that I was being coerced by threat of sanctions.

Yours faithfully,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport