We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Dye Fixing

I bought a pair of cotton pyjama bottoms off ebay, and discovered when I got them that they aren't colourfast. I've washed them once, but they are still giving off blue dye, so I wondered if there was anything I could do to fix the dye rather than wash them until they fade.

I was thinking of perhaps with vinegar, or salt like you use with packet dye but I'm not sure whether I should boil them, use cold water?

Anyone got a dye-fixing fix?

Comments

  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,822 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    You could try using a very hot iron to fix the dye.
    Putting these winter preps here so I don't forget! 

    Curtain pole installed in the living room
    Paint curtain pole
    Window quilts for landing window & french door
    Add shrink film to the kitchen door & insulate
    Insulate front door
    Bubble wrap windows & french door
    Wash front door curtain
    Blind for the bathroom
    Find wrist warmers & the wool socks!
    Wash heated throws
    Wash duvet & wool blankets
    Buy vest tops to go under clothes and PJs
    Buy nets for bathroom and kitchen
    Buy or make blind for kitchen
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.