Oyster Card Mistake

I thought I would top up my Oyster Card with £10 last Sunday just to be doubly sure there were funds. I was at a strange station, the Vikingettes in tow and in a little bit of a hurry.

I touched in my Oyster Card and insert a £10 note, but I forgot to retouch to load the credit. :o Have I lost it, would the next person who touched in got it or can I contact TFL for refund?
The man without a signature.

Comments

• After a period the money would have been returned - and if you paid with a note then the machine would have returned coins. The other thing that could have happened is that someone could have pressed 'cancel' and that would have returned the money.

Someone wouldn't be able to just touch their card and get the money loaded on, as the card has to match the one initially presented to the machine (which you need to do first before giving the machine any money).

Unless you paid by debit or credit card? In that case, the money either won't get taken (because the transaction was never completed), or if it does then it'll get returned to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure