PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

white tack on table cloth help.

Options
just clearing off dining table and found white tack on cloth and cant pick it off looks like something heavey has been sat on it so its really stuck in to the fibers.
i have done a search but nothing really came up.

please help

tick xoxo
Tickb26
XOXOXO

Comments

• celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    How about sticking it in the freezer then seeing if it will flake off? I remember it working with chewing gum on my jeans years ago (although would have been more difficult when my sister put it in my hair when I was little :( )
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • moozikgal
    moozikgal Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    When i have got blue tac on things i have used another blob of blue tac to lift of the excess by pressing it on and pulling it off quickly. This might help, alternitvly, you could just try running it through the washing machine and see what it comes out like. Remember that white tac and blue tac have an oil in them so you might have to use a stain remover to get the stain out.

good luck
    Deliver us from email....
  • tickb26
    tickb26 Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thank you will try them both.
    Tickb26
    XOXOXO
  • Psykicpup
    Psykicpup Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    moozikgal wrote: »
    When i have got blue tac on things i have used another blob of blue tac to lift of the excess by pressing it on and pulling it off quickly. This might help, alternitvly, you could just try running it through the washing machine and see what it comes out like. Remember that white tac and blue tac have an oil in them so you might have to use a stain remover to get the stain out.

good luck

Had a similar problem myself - a cap full of white vinegar may kill the oil in the tac - worth a try I guess
    I THINK is a whole sentence, not a replacement for I Know

Supermarket Rebel No 19:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family