Where to sell my wedding dress?

Options
Hello

I married in August and am thinking about selling my dress. The problem is, it's a custom design and so not one people will be search by model number etc for on Ebay/Preloved.

Does anyone have any ideas on where people are more likely to browse a selection (either online or in real life) as its really nice! :D

Comments

• Pinzy
    Pinzy Posts: 630 Forumite
    edited 17 November 2012 at 1:55PM
    Options
    Speaking as someone who's currently browsing, I'm just entering "wedding dress" into Ebay/Preloved and seeing what comes up. There are people after a specific design, but there's plenty just willing to see what's around.

One tip I'd give is to make sure you list the dress size (in Preloved it makes things a Lot easier when it's also in the title/first couple of lines of the description). I'd also suggest putting down your height and what size heels you were wearing to give people an idea of length.

Definitely note that it's a custom design, I should imagine that people would be interested in seeing what it looks like, and quite a lot may like the idea of having something more unique.
    :)
  • xtinataguba
    Options
    you can buy that to the wedding dress shop!
  • paulwellerfan
    Options
    just e bay it.
    and do a good discription.
    credit card bill. £0.00
    overdraft £0.00
    Help from the state £0.00
  • fran-o
    fran-o Posts: 807 Forumite
    Options
    I sold mine on preloved summer 2011 and found the site easy to use etc. I think you can only add one photo to your ad, but the site allowed the buyer to contact me direct so I could email more photos then make the sale offline (she came to my place, tried on the dress and paid). Pretty good for a free listing.
    fran-o
  • findingmyownway
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I shall have a look at preloved etc as havent actually used it before!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure