Tenement Scotland Act - Advance payments?

Can anyone advise if I am required to make a payment in advance for common repair work to my factors? According to them, they have the right to bill for work in advance and I must pay.

They invoiced me in August for work that has still not been completed. I am currently withholding payment

Comments

• missile
    missile Posts: 11,679
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Yes, they can bill you in advance for essential repairs.

Be careful, if you withold payment they can take you to court for the money and their costs. The cost of taking you to court could be considerable.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • davidscot
    davidscot Posts: 597
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    All property factors are now duty bound under a new law that has been passed to provide you with terms and conditions of factor issues.
    They should have sent you a copy of the terms of your factors contract with them. If they haven't then you can apply for this be sent to you where it should contain the relevant information.
  • I have now paid them. Its not exactly fair that they have charged everyone for work that has not been completed. I would have thought that is the point of having a factor. They us a float for small works and then charge it back....

Thanks anyway for the advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport