Latest Price Jumps

I'm just venting here - Potatoes which were a couple of months ago £1.39 are, after a transition of £1.50, now £1.65:eek:. I guess this is the bad weather this year biting!

Before I go into the shops, is there anything else I should be keeping my eye out before I buy? Or have a heart attack over in the supermarket?:D

I could make it better myself at home. All I need is a small aubergine...

I moved to Liverpool for a better life.
And goodness, it's turned out to be better and busier!

Comments

• I am afraid everything is on the up. I would advise stocking up on meat, cereals, pasta, flour, fruit and veggies, these are the main items affected
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • Crisps and snacks are on the hike as well. Some pasta sauces too, the only things which are uber cheap are xmas candy!!!!
    Has anyone seen my last marble:A:A:A:A
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.LZ member Soylent Green Supervisor
  • gayle1
    gayle1 Posts: 242
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i noticed this months ago poundland 4 cereal 5 at a time though cause im not paying £4 4 2 boxes
    aldi 4 pasta :(
  • iris
    iris Posts: 1,376
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Porridge in Aldi has increased from 75p a kilo to £1.29 a kilo:eek:
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,123
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    iris wrote: »
    Porridge in Aldi has increased from 75p a kilo to £1.29 a kilo:eek:

The one that looks like a bag of flour ? My Aldi doesn't have this any more only the sachets in a box which works out much more expensive.
  • My local Aldi also stopped selling the 75p bags of oats a few months back, only had the single serve sachets. However, I went in a couple of days ago and a member of staff was rearranging/restocking the cereal section - they had the sachets, then the box of oats at 1.29 per kilo, but they had also restocked the 75p bags! The price ticket was handwritten, so I'm assuming they've only just got them in again - perhaps they're making a return to other stores too?
  • iris
    iris Posts: 1,376
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    In the last 6 weeks Aldi's small fresh chickens have increased from £2.59 to £2.99:cool:
  • Edwardia
    Edwardia Posts: 9,170 Forumite
    Organic Weetabix are up from 2.69 to 2.99 for 24 and Sainsbury's organic mayo has shot up from 1.15 to 1.45
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure