Is Meadowhall 'Christmassed up' yet?

Options
Me & my hubby are going for a day out on the train to Meadowhall in Sheffield this Saturday and I was wondering if Christmas has hit it yet?
This will probably be my only 'shopping trip' this year so I'm hoping it will feel Christmassy without being overly busy that my husband gets fed up. With it being the closest Saturday to Bonfire Night we are arriving about lunchtime and leaving on the 7pm train, so we can watch the fireworks through the window on the way home!

Anyone been recently?
DEBT FREE BY 60
Starting Debt 21st August 2019 = £11,024
Debt at May 2022 = £5268
Debt Free Challenge - To be debt free by August 2024

Comments

• Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Unsure if the Christmas decs were up but my parents went on Mon and said it was manic cos it's Oct 1/2 term. They said it was ok when they first got there but by lunch time it was far too busy and were home around 1.30/2pm . We live about 25-30 miles away.
  • socks_uk
    socks_uk Posts: 2,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks... I chose this Saturday to go because I thought it might be slightly less busy because of people going home for firework parties or displays.
    Our shopping trip is mainly so my husband can buy a present for his mum & dad, which he might buy the first thing he sees or he might struggle to buy anything. It is his job to buy for his parents so we'll see how it goes.
    DEBT FREE BY 60
    Debt at May 2022 = £5268
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,151 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It might be quieter the later on it gets for those reasons, just be prepared for a busy lunchtime period.
  • hp3
    hp3 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I went to meadowhall earlier in the week and it's not trimmed up yet. The lights normally get turned on in november. A few shops have their Christmas things in.
  • socks_uk
    Options
    One of my friends went on Wednesday and said the decorations were up but no tree. Don't mind the tree not being there but pleased it will look like Christmas!
    I went to The Card Factory in Cleethorpes yesterday and they were playing the usual batch of Christmas songs! I'm spending this Christmas with my husband's family in Canada so I need to not only soak up as much of the British Christmas atmosphere as I can but I also need to be ready earlier with all the presents we are taking with us! There won't be much room for warm clothes in our luggage allowance!
    DEBT FREE BY 60
    Debt at May 2022 = £5268
  • Lshaw9
    Options
    I work in Meadowhall and it does have some decorations up.

Nearly every store has its christmas range in and decorations up. Make sure to visit Hotel Chocolat.

Spend over £40 and get £5 to spend in December.
    Spend over £60 and get a free gift worth £11.
  • socks_uk
    Options
    Well I'm home now and had a lovely day! It felt very Christmassy!

Just to say... thank goodness I braved the chill this morning walking from the car to the train station as it was quite warm in Meadowhall and I didn't bother wearing a coat. The number of people carrying their coats was amazing!
    DEBT FREE BY 60
    Debt at May 2022 = £5268
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business