Crazy Tesco Finance

Options
Hi all, I was just reminded of the stomach churning feeling of the postman comming this morning. Just for a second it hit me then i remembered im bankrupt, the debt was included.

I recieved a letter from Tesco finance telling me my new credit card was enclosed with revised credit limit of £5000, it has been increased by £1000. I defaulted on that account 3 years ago, sent back my cards and had been paying them the token amount of £1 for the 3 years. I know the cards are computer generated as the expiry date of the old one comes up, but not the case with me that should have happened 2 years ago.

Dont really know what to do with them, destroy or return.
Ill wait till or office opens and discuss with them.

Has anybody else been issued with cards from old accounts?

K X

Comments

• PippaGirl_2
    PippaGirl_2 Posts: 2,218 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey, I wish! Only in that I had a Capital One card that I ran by paying off the total balance each month so when I had to hand the card in to the OR it only had £20 on it which I would have paid off if not going BR. I really miss not having it as it provides security when buying over the internet, security you don't get with a debit card. As yours has a large debit balance on it, I would bin it personally. Just cut it up and dispose of it.
    "Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama
  • tiggerbodhi
    Options
    Are you still in your first year or discharged? if still in your first year would CYA by telling the OR about, if you are discharged you are "allowed" credit again, this does avoid the moral issue of having a credit card from a bank that you went BR to, but then does "moral" and "bank" get used in the same sentence very often!
    every time I manage to get one more breath into this body, I will sing a song of thanks to you my brothers, my sisters, my friends, may your sleep be peaceful, and angels sing sweetly in your ears.
  • mynumber
    mynumber Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, No not discharged until May next year.
    I rang OR Clerk when it opened and explained about the card, he rang Tesco finance who appologised for sending the card, IT SLIPPED THROUGH and shouldnt have been sent. They would like it sent back to them, but OR said to just destroy it K X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure