Forum Home» Special Occasions & Other Celebrations» Weddings & Anniversaries

Tissue paper wedding decorations - pic heavy! - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Tissue paper wedding decorations - pic heavy!

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
15 replies 3.8K views
2»

Replies

• CompBunnyCompBunny Forumite
    1.1K posts
    I have just added this to my to make lists. Good thing im not getting married til 2015!
    You could always sell any excess ones you make!

What else is on your "to make" list? :j

OH suggested I sold excess ones actually, not a bad idea ;) Probably not much money to be made in it but they are so relaxing to make it could fund an innocent hobby :)
    GC2012: Nov £130.52/£125
    GC2011:Sept:£215Oct:£123.98Nov:£120Dec:£138Feb:£94.72
    Quit smoking 10am 17/02/11 - £4315 saved as of Nov'12

Engaged to my best friend 08/2012:heart2:

• jtr2803jtr2803 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Pom Pom topiary tree ;)

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • CompBunny wrote: »
    What else is on your "to make" list? :j

OH suggested I sold excess ones actually, not a bad idea ;) Probably not much money to be made in it but they are so relaxing to make it could fund an innocent hobby :)

Im making button holes with feathers and diamante sprays, place cards, which are birds that slot into wine glasses with a feather tail, im baking cookies i think for my favours, invitations, and niw these centre pieces and bridesmaids pom pom bouquets. I also wanted to make my own boquet qith fabric flowers and feathers, etc. Also some bunting for the reception. I want a winter wedding, so am thinking feathers, sparkle and i have an ice blue colour theme. Im really into vintage and shabby chic. Unfortunately i will have a really low budget so am frantically saving and want to start making after xmas in order to spread the cost.

You'd be surprised how much you could make selling them i bet, but as the materials are so inexpensive, pretty much anything would be a profit. I told my OH about my planned makes, his response was "well it'll keep you quiet"!
  • jtr2803jtr2803 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Right....I made some!! The first two I hated and almost gave up because I kept tearing them but my third one went well and then I found a way that worked and I was away! Here is a pic:

DSC_0161.jpg

Am really pleased with them, lots more to make but I have tissue paper coming out of my ears :rotfl:

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • CompBunnyCompBunny Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Jtr, I only just saw your pic! They look great, bet you have made thousands more since! I'd love to see any more creations you have made ;)
    GC2012: Nov £130.52/£125
    GC2011:Sept:£215Oct:£123.98Nov:£120Dec:£138Feb:£94.72
    Quit smoking 10am 17/02/11 - £4315 saved as of Nov'12

Engaged to my best friend 08/2012:heart2:

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support