PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

November 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Please may i join?

I have no idea what we are spending so I am setting total at £300 hoping to come under but worried I might exceed it

First shop of November at £27.63 but I cunningly bought loads of the 3for2 on baking in separate transactions to save some pennies and stock up my baking cupboard, however, I will need to shop tomorrow for packed lunches for the week

£300-27.63 = £272.37
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    [QUOTE=Suffolk lass;

Have a good weekend everyone and don't buy it if you don't need it...
    SL[/QUOTE]

Many thanks Suffolk Lass you have just helped me make up my mind.

I was undecided whether to go shopping this weekend or not, , I read your post and thought great advice, I dont NEED anything so I wont go, off to join fiscal fast for a week .
    Slimming World at target
  • spendy day today...needed to get some veg and milk for the week so £12.90 to declare....not too bad though....nothing else needed this week so it will be the last (hopefully!! ;))
    Mortgage 12.12.12 £55842 12.12.13 £42716 14.12.14 £28837 13.12.15 £25913
    Mortgage OP £50/£600 House Fund £420/£5000
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    I saw this outside my local Mr T this morning. Handy if you have a voucher, but no Mr A or Mr M :)

2012-11-03121227.jpg
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Feeling a little embarrassed at the moment, this morning I sorted out the freezer and food cupboards and I have soooo much in!!!! anyway I sorted what needs eating first by date and I will make meals accordingly, there will be some unusual meals:rotfl: So I reckon it'll be just milk, marg and fresh fruit this month, oh plus olive oil, matches, garlic and stock cubes:) anyway I'll see how I go.

Bluegreen in the store where I work, the till staff have to ask anyone they think are under 25 for ID, my daughter is 37 and she still gets asked, but feels quite flattered looking so young:rotfl:
    Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 3 November 2012 at 5:39PM
    spend today of £17 - buying takeout tonight for the first time in 2 months, and things have been so crazy lately I deserve a treat.

also monthly milk bill went out of the account this morning, but this is for a weekly delivery of two pints every tues, thurs AND sat, plus a bottle diet coke/diet pepsi every thursday. £19.78 total.
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    This must be the first Saturday for a loooong time that has been a NSD!!! Usually get my top up f&v today but after cleaning out the fridge decided there was enough in till at least Tuesday. :D

Did find 3 sorry looking leeks so there is now a large pan of leek & potato soup made and have found 3 lemons which will need using up this week so think they will go towards a lemon meringue pie if not then some lemon curd.

The curry last night was a hit :j DH who had made his mind up before hand it would be awful - loved it. However none to put in the freezer like I was hoping there would be as DS decided he was having some BEFORE he went out to eat with his girlfriend!
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • elly2
    elly2 Posts: 556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Small spend of £4 on cat food that my cousin picked up for me , i think this may be the way for me to shop from now on other ppl just pick up what i need/ask for and i save tons of money :rotfl::rotfl:. Will be needing milk tomorrow so am off into town with the kids, little man has some birthday money to spend, am thinking i might just take enough money with me to just buy the milk but even though thats all i need that thought kind of scares me lol.
  • Spent £1 in homebargains on 2 instant porridge pots for work- never tried these before so will make a nice change.
    Spent £6 on the market buying fresh fruit and veg so need to incorporate courgettes somewhere into next weeks meal plan.
    £4 on pick and mix in wilkinsons as a cheeky treat for me and OH this weekend.
    April £5 a day challenge- £15.05/£150
  • Bluegreen143
    Bluegreen143 Posts: 3,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    No grocery spends today, OH bought some extra virgin olive oil and laundry liquid but it's still his week so he paid. Feel slightly guilty as they were on my shopping list for tomorrow - but he needed them tonight, well certainly the olive oil, and he wanted to do a load of laundry. Oh well, my week is certainly going to be cheap as there is SO MUCH food left. I'm hoping this will start to cure him of overbuying because it was the same last month!

Done my very small shopping list for tomorrow, which I will post up so you can judge me if I don't stick to it :rotfl::

Fruit & veg shop
    Lemons
    Salad x2
    Spinach
    Radishes
    Corn on the cob
    Cucumber half
    Red pepper
    Onions
    Bananas
    Apples

Mr M
    Vanilla extract
    Coke x4
    Crisps multipack
    Tinned tuna x4
    Tin of soup/pot noodle for OH
    Strong brown flour
    Milk 4 pints
    Cornflakes
    Shower gel

See what I mean about a small list! Hopefully I stick to it :)
    Part time working mum | Married in 2014 | DS born 2015 & DD born 2018 | Allegedly attempting to be mortgage free - diary here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure