help with stuarts spreadsheet

Some of you oldies on here (in time lurking i mean, not old in age!) will remember stuart had a overpayment spreadsheet he kindly shared also.

I, being a non excel expert, used this very happily, inputting my monthly minimum payment, interest rates, regular overpayment and extra overpayments in the columns given, I liked the fact it told you then how many months earlier your mortgage would be paid off etc if you continued at this rate.

Since coming off my fixed rate however, I can't seem to get it to change my minimum monthly payment amount in that column. (theres a column to change the interest rates which ive adjusted) but it is still automatically putting in my minimum monthly payment as the same ie:£1000, whereas now with the interest change it has changed to say, £800 and i can't see how to change it,
So any ideas if any of you use this spreadsheet on how to alter it. (eg-so i can enter overpayment of £100 which equals £800 payment and total monthly payment therefore of £900. At the moment, if i put overpayment of £100 it would assume i have paid the £1000 plus a further £100 equalling total payment of £1100)

Please if you understand the above, and are familar with this spreadsheet, try and help a non spreadsheet expert out!!
Original mortgage 185k. 2003
Current mortgage. 65k Jan 2020
OP £321/month-Aiming to finish August 2025 instead of October 2028 (whilst keeping the 4 dependents fed,watered,clothed,sheltered and paying for school/activities paraphernalia):rotfl:

Replies

• abouttimetooabouttimetoo Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi ClareW

I'm not going to be of much help here I think but....Yes, I remember Stuart (GMC) very fondly, he actually popped in once earlier this year to say hi us.

I do have a copy of his SS but can't seem to find it at the mo, I know I have it somewhere) but could you have a look at the cell that is self populating with your minimum payment and tell us if there is a formulae in it as if so it may be pulling that number from elsewhere

Regards
    ATT
    MFW Start Date 1.4.08. Updated 23.1.18. MFW date 1.8.18
    Original Mortgage o/s £187,643 / £71,904 (-115,739)
    Repay o/s £92,661 / now £55,900 (-36,761)
    Int Only o/s £94,982, now £16,004 (-78,978)
    Total daily interest £1 [a) £0.77 b)£0.23
    Total OP's:2018 target £TBC YTD £1,995
  • clarewclarew Forumite
    500 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Forumite
    Thank you, i will see if i can do that! I remember him saying "hi" as you said awhile back, and have pm'd him just in case he ever logs on here again!!
    Will have a look and get back to you

Was starting to think no one remember stuart (GMC)...him, yourself, Tall Girl and Financial Bliss were some of the first diaries that got me hooked!!

Thanks
    Original mortgage 185k. 2003
    Current mortgage. 65k Jan 2020
    OP £321/month-Aiming to finish August 2025 instead of October 2028 (whilst keeping the 4 dependents fed,watered,clothed,sheltered and paying for school/activities paraphernalia):rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Check your Clubcard vouchers

Use our trick to extend them

MSE News

Preparing for summer

What MoneySaving things can you do now to get ready?

MSE Forum

Hot Diamonds 40% off code

Including already-reduced outlet stock

MSE Deals