We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Stamps & getting them valued
Comments
-
I sell stamps on ebay.
Unless the stamps are very good condition or rare - they are not going to be worth a vast amount.
Even those whose value is say £200 in Gibbons - you will be lucky to get £10 on the open market. You generally can get 3-5% of gibbons value.
A lot of penny reds and penny blacks can be bought for pennies or a couple of pounds - so I would not get overly hopeful.
You could however have some rare stamps in your collection - if they are of good condition - you will get a lot more.
The actual value depends on what it is (if you don't know what your looking for - your going to need help - things like watermark, number of perforations, etc can mean the difference of £10 and £1000 - that is where experts clean up.
I bought a "collection" of 5 stamps off of ebay about a year ago - hoping maybe 1 of them was not what the person thought. I was wrong - it as described - but another had the incorrect watermark - I have recently sold this to a private dealer for 4k. I bought the 5 stamps for £1.99. I have also came across one that is so rare Gibbons don't even have a price for it. So you need to be 100% sure of what you have or you could lose out.
Feel free to look at my current sales (kayleigh_dog on ebay) to see if anything looks familiar to what you have - or send me a PM with your e-mail address and send me a quick scan of the items (if they are British) and I could probably tell you quite quickly if it worth getting them valued.0 -
my mil law has a huge stamp collection she used to do as a child, and her mother also used to collect and gave her all the collection. we are talking walk in cupboards full all in mint condition , loads of the royal family lol.. she has never had them valued but is thinking about it due to space...sus x0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards