nPower Final Bill

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Threads
2 replies 1.8K views
techno_magetechno_mage Forumite
3 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Threads
Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster.

This may be a no brainer and I may just have to pay up, but I thought I should get some opinions before I do.

The situation:

31 August
Rang nPower – Close account and give final readings (moving house), I cancelled my direct debit that day, and awaited the final bill.

5 September
nPower attempt to direct debit my usual monthly payment, my bank declined the request as I had closed the direct debit.

6 September
Final bill was generated.

8/9 September
Received final bill in the post

10 September
Paid final bill

27 September
nPower sent out a final reminder for the amount a normally pay per month.

10 October
Received final reminder in post (note, no other reminders have been received) – I range nPower explaining that I had received and paid my final bill. They stated that the final bill had been sent out under the assumption that the direct debit on 5th September had been paid.

I understand exactly what has happened and technically I owe them money, but is the fact that nPower are making assumptions my problem? Do I have to pay?

Your comments appreciated.

Replies

• WywthWywth Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Hi,

This may be a no brainer and I may just have to pay up, but I thought I should get some opinions before I do.

The situation:

31 August
    Rang nPower – Close account and give final readings (moving house), I cancelled my direct debit that day, and awaited the final bill.

5 September
    nPower attempt to direct debit my usual monthly payment, my bank declined the request as I had closed the direct debit.

6 September

8/9 September

10 September
    Paid final bill

27 September

10 October
    Received final reminder in post (note, no other reminders have been received) – I range nPower explaining that I had received and paid my final bill. They stated that the final bill had been sent out under the assumption that the direct debit on 5th September had been paid.

I understand exactly what has happened and technically I owe them money, but is the fact that nPower are making assumptions my problem? Do I have to pay?

The CAB are only answering certain questions on this board presently, and unfortunately, as described on the nag screen which you confirmed before you could post here, your query does not fall into one of those current categories.

Therefore I suggest you refer to your other thread in the Gas & Electricity forum for responses. :)
  • CAB_National_RepresentativeCAB_National_Representative Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    220 posts
    Hi,

The situation:

31 August

5 September

6 September

8/9 September

10 September
    Paid final bill

27 September

10 October

Hi techno - as this is about an energy supplier and the contract you had with them (an area we're not covering at the moment), we'd recommend contacting either our Consumer Helpline (08454 040506, Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm) or your local bureau for advice on where you stand, and as soon as possible.
    Official CAB Representative
    I am an official representative of CAB. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to questions on the CAB Board. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. If you believe I’ve broken any rules please report my post to [email protected] as usual"
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support