PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Bubble machine: What detergent works?

Options
I got my dd a bubble machine from Argos recently. What WUL can I use in it? The stuff you are supposed to buy is obviously overpriced so I am looking for a cheaper alternative. Cheapo mr T stuff doesnt work, Easy washup liquid doesnt work and Stardrops don't work. Are there any out there, tried and tested by any of you? I can just imagine me having all of these diff brands of WUL on the shelf otherwise!
Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults

Comments

• earthmother
    earthmother Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't know about WULs (will watch with interest though), but I did find some cheaper bubble mix in Toys R Us the other day - £1.99 for 35oz (about 1L).

Seeing as the best I'd seen before was ELC's at over twice that, I think it's a good price (unless someone knows of even cheaper).

:)
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    http://www.thebubbleshop.com/bubble_fun.ihtml might help

Only thing I will say is I was speaking to a Mam last week who was buying the proper stuff in ToysRus as the one she made ended up irritating daughters skin and when another child rubbed his eyes after touching it stung like crazy.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • kickstart_3
    kickstart_3 Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    I have a bubble machine (my dog loves it !) I have kept the original bubble bottle i got for it and just fill it one third 'Morning Fresh' washing up liquid to two thirds water , give it a shake and put it in the machine, seems to work ok !
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    I wonder if Im doing it wrong then? I put the easy one in full strengh. I shall try diluting and see what happens.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Three_Dancing_Dragons
    Options
    In Australia we used to use the big pink cheapo bottles of Avon bubble bath.
    If you think reality makes sense, you're just not paying attention!
  • Jayar
    Jayar Posts: 735 Forumite
    Options
    I think you're supposed to put glycerine (sp?) in the mix but I'm not sure how much. Hang on I'll go do a search.
    A friend is someone who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.
  • Jayar
    Jayar Posts: 735 Forumite
    Options
    A friend is someone who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden.
  • taplady
    taplady Posts: 7,184 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My DS had one a while ago for his disco and he said to use diluted Fairy Liquid but it takes a bit of getting the constistency right so persevere! HTH;)
    Do what you love :happyhear
  • LJM
    LJM Posts: 4,535 Forumite
    Options
    Jayar wrote: »

excellent thankyou was only talking about getting ours out today
    :xmastree:Is loving life right now,yes I am a soppy fool who believes in the simple things in life :xmastree:
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Ive got a big bottle of bubblebath-gonna try that later! Not ever going to use it in the bath so its no loss.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure