MSE News: JJB Sports in administration: Can you get money back?

Options
"Shoppers can no longer use JJB Sports gift cards, return items, or receive unfulfilled online orders ..."

Comments

• chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    You won't get a refund if you simply change your mind and no longer want the item.

If the item is above £100 and it was part of JJB's original terms of sale that you could return good for a refund if you don't want them, then it would appear to me that s75 makes the CC jointly liable to deliver this part of the bargain.

Not sure if JJB Sports had such an offer, but some retailers say you can take stuff back for a refund if you're not happy. Ditto if you were permitted to change stuff. If you bought stuff on this basis and can no longer change the item, the CC should compensate you.
  • WackoJacko89
    Options
    Was wondering if anyone could give me a bit if advice?

I placed an order for an item on 29th September, returned this item on 10th October. After reading the above I know i am not going to receive a refund for this item, however, what are the chances of this item being returned to me? My thoughts are that I've paid for this item and can give it to someone who might get use of it.

Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport