Anything missed? Answers on a virtual postcard!

Options
1235»

Comments

• goolieman
    goolieman Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Christ it has been so long since I last posted that this thread had been relegated to the 2nd page!!
    Anyway I have some fabulous news that I want to share with you regarding the whole Council Tax saga.
    DP has just had a phonecall to tell him that his 'account' is in credit and they will be sending a cheque to him in the next few days!!!!!!!!!!!
    She couldn't tell him exactly how much but it will be in the region of £500-£1000. If the baliff company take any more from his wages this month then that will be refunded aswell!
    They cannot prove that he is liable to pay it as they cannot prove he was living there at the time.
    This is fab news, I can't believe it, deep down I thought we would never see it again.
    Now I will wait to see exactly how much we get, take a wee bit to spend on a treat for the family and the rest will go towards a card or two!
    The money should arrive around my birthday so a loverly pressie!

Cheers for listening and thank you for all your words of encouragement.

C
    :)
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • Mrs_Thrift
    Mrs_Thrift Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    That's brilliant news, C, I'm so pleased for you! ;D
  • DiggingOut
    DiggingOut Posts: 770 Forumite
    Options
    Great news! ;D
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • DiggingOut
    DiggingOut Posts: 770 Forumite
    Options
    Did that promised cheque arrive?
    I have five stars! This doesn't mean that I know anything about any of the things I post. I could be a raving lunatic, or a brilliant genius, or just some guy on the internet. In fact, I could be all three at the same time.

If anything I say makes sense, then do it. If not, don't. Don't blame me or my stars if you do something stupid because I suggested it. I'm responsible for my own stupidity only. You are responsible for yours.

Why, I don't even have five stars anymore! Aren't you glad you aren't responsible for my stupidity?
  • goolieman
    Options
    Not yet!
    Rang yesterday to see what the delay was and they said it was getting printed last night so should be with us in a week.
    Talk about dragging it out!
    Cheers for asking!

Will definately shout about its arrival!
    C
  • goolieman
    Options
    Just got a phonecall from DP at work to say that the cheque from the council has arrived!
    They have given us back £1288.16p
    This is brilliant (although not the full amount) we can't complain, I wasn't expecting anything back!
    My credit cards are going to get a nice little lump sum payment!
    Still the rest of the debt to go, but we are trying!
    C
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just got a phonecall from DP at work to say that the cheque from the council has arrived!
    They have given us back £1288.16p
    This is brilliant

I have been following your thread with interest, i am soooo pleased for you. I admire the way you have faced your problems and dealt with them.
  • Mrs_Thrift
    Mrs_Thrift Posts: 387 Forumite
    Options
    That's great news! :D

But if they do owe you more, it might be worth making a nuisance of yourself a wee bit more to try and get the rest...... not trying to put a dampner on it, though, honest!

Have a great weekend!

Ms T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family