What to tell work when creditors are ringing for me

Options
2»

Comments

• rossireps
    Options
    if its too stressful can you change ur number? yes you shouldnt have to but least they cant phone you then.
    give you a laugh i had kays ring me 24hrs after br.
    kays- this is the collection dept and you need to make a payment
    me- i was declared br yesterday you will need to contact the or
    kays- if you dont make a payment mrs .... we will take it further.
    so i put on my bravest voice and said- br is the bottom line there is no further. kays put the phone down and ive never heard from them since!
    James tucker
    Flight 705 My hero :)
  • piglet74
    piglet74 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love it rossireps!!

I have asked my catalogue co.to consider writing off some of my account, explaining my situation and telling them I was about to either sell my home via the assisted sale scheme or hand it back via voluntary surrender

They reply with we cannot write it off, and if we do not get a payment from you it can affect ur credit file for up to 6 years

My reply, I am about to loose my home, my credit file is the least of my worries at the mo, I doubt I will get credit again anyways!

Their reply, we have noted your comments, thank you very much!
  • churchill33
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies

Some have been very amusing (I suppose you've got to laugh or else you'll cry), seems some creditors can be a bit dense!

Think I will change my mobile number, my home phone is unplugged anyway and we are moving house in a month, so hopefully we can afford to go br at the same time then we can begin to put it all behind us and start the long journey ahead.

Many thanks again.
  • rossireps
    Options
    piglet74 wrote: »
    Love it rossireps!!

I have asked my catalogue co.to consider writing off some of my account, explaining my situation and telling them I was about to either sell my home via the assisted sale scheme or hand it back via voluntary surrender

They reply with we cannot write it off, and if we do not get a payment from you it can affect ur credit file for up to 6 years

My reply, I am about to loose my home, my credit file is the least of my worries at the mo, I doubt I will get credit again anyways!

Their reply, we have noted your comments, thank you very much!
    you do have to wonder about some of them. seriously id just done one of the most scary things ever and she thought id be scared of them,ummm dont think so.
    the man from moroncroft terrified me and then two weeks later they accepted token payments(before br)
    as awful as it sounds though,who had the last laugh? that will be me as. i didnt/dont have anything no one got anything. best of luck x
    James tucker
    Flight 705 My hero :)
  • piglet74
    piglet74 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I know!

Like do they not understand.. I might just be a wee bit more worried about handing my home back / loosing it... Than I am about not being able to pay a few hundred of a catalouge bill..

I think they must have a book of phrases to use on us all... The first one being..."Failure to pay may harm your credit rating".. Nxt time I come against that my reply is gonna b.."Will loosing my home not harm it then...."!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure