PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Can I freeze this???

Options
I have just made pasta for dinner and as usual have made way too much but I have mixed the sauce through it can it be frozen? The sauce has double cream in it does that matter?

thanks

Comments

• dianeclaire
    dianeclaire Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    Yes you can, depending on the sauce to pasta ratio it may be a tiny bit dry when reheated if the sauce on the cant side but I find that to defrost then reheat in microwave gets over this with the likes of macaroni cheese (my sauce always has double cream in for it)
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Penelope_Penguin Posts: 17,288 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've successfully frozen such things. I agree with dianeclaire - it can be dry on defrosting. I put mine into a dish, grate cheese over, and have it as a pasta bake.

HTH, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • immoral_angeluk
    immoral_angeluk Posts: 24,506 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I always freeze pasta for our little girl. You have to make sure you reheat it thoroughly as pasta is bad for retaining food poisoning bacteria and sometimes it can go a bit dry but I get around this by adding a bit of sauce on after reheating depending on what kind of pasta it is.
    Total 'Failed Business' Debt £29,043
    Que sera, sera. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills