Where can i get cheap white plastic chairs

Options
We have decided to totally change our wedding plans and have our wedding reception at home, we will be hiring a marquee which has made our budget quite tight so are trying hard to save money when we can, and thought maybe about buying the chairs and tables rather than hiring them and then selling them after. Does anyone know where there are cheap white plastic chairs, we need about 70 of them. Also we need 4ft by 2ft tresle tables. Any help or advice on cutting cost of a Marquee wedding reception welcome! Thank you :)

Comments

• MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Options
    Where are you based? I hired white plastic chairs for £1.50 each from undercovermarquees (Cleethorpes), and 4ft round tables from betts marquees in Louth (think they were £5 each but may be wrong) Betts also hire chairs for £1.50 but we'd already booked them from undercovermarquees and then decided we wanted tables.
  • Thriftygifty
    Options
    We are in Devon, i've just found a marquee company that hire the chairs for £1.50 which is better than the £1.80 + VAT previously from all other marquee companies i've got quotes from. £1.80 + VAT doesnt sound alot but when it's 70 it adds up. We need 4ft by 2ft rectangle tables, kinda like the sized ones you get in pubs.
  • Maysie
    Maysie Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    I have seen people on this board saying they have bought a marquee off ebay then resold it to save money. Apparently it was not much different buying to hiring!
  • Thriftygifty
    Options
    Maysie wrote: »
    I have seen people on this board saying they have bought a marquee off ebay then resold it to save money. Apparently it was not much different buying to hiring!

I'm not brave enough to buy a marquee off ebay, I just think with the weather lately I need a robust one just incase the weather is awful which I really really hope its not, thats the only downside with a marquee wedding it's risky.
  • BugglyB
    BugglyB Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    Options
    Thats true, and also when buying a marquee you need to think about the flooring, and lighting as well. We costed it up and to be covered in torrential rain, renting was a much better option.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure