PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What is a dishpan?

Options
looking thru organised home for ideas I found this suggestion to store kids books. The article makes it sound a great idea but what is a dishpan :confused: .

http://www.organizedhome.com/content-59.html

I have googled:p and I'm still none the wiser.

So can you answer this question for me, so I can save money by not having to ring the Canadian relatives and ask. :D

Comments

• Dolly_Mixture
    Options
    A dishpan is a washing up bowl! Think "dishpan hands" from all that washing up.

Hope this helps.

Dolly
  • Morty_007
    Morty_007 Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Options
    i'd say its a washing up bowl...the term "Dishpan hands" refers to dry chapped hands from washing up so I can only assume with that and looking at the description of what to do with the books in the article that this is what they are referring to.
    HTH :D
    Good Enough Club member number 27(2) AND I got me a stalkee!
    Closet debt free wannabe -[STRIKE] Last personal loan payment - July 2010[/STRIKE]:T, credit card balance about £3000 (and dropping FAST), [STRIKE]Last car payment September 2010 (August 2010 aparently!!)[/STRIKE]
    And a mortgage in a pear tree :D
  • rlm_3
    rlm_3 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Options
    If you type 'define dishpan' into google, the first definition it comes up with is: "large pan for washing dishes", so I guess it's a washing up bowl or something similar, like a big plastic bucket.
  • Morty_007
    Morty_007 Posts: 1,496 Forumite
    Options
    Great minds think alike :)
    Good Enough Club member number 27(2) AND I got me a stalkee!
    Closet debt free wannabe -[STRIKE] Last personal loan payment - July 2010[/STRIKE]:T, credit card balance about £3000 (and dropping FAST), [STRIKE]Last car payment September 2010 (August 2010 aparently!!)[/STRIKE]
    And a mortgage in a pear tree :D
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,206 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everyone :j . I'm studying our washing up bowl now wondering whether it would actually work :think: .
  • WiseOldBird_2
    Options
    I guess they are thinking of a square washing up bowl rather than a round one! I keep my grandson's books in a square basket, or you could use a square plastic storage box.
  • mum2kathryn
    mum2kathryn Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I guess they are thinking of a square washing up bowl rather than a round one! I keep my grandson's books in a square basket, or you could use a square plastic storage box.

I use an IKEA box like this one:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?topcategoryId=15567&catalogId=10103&storeId=7&productId=60874&langId=-20&categoryId=16260&chosenPartNumber=80098516

er hope that link works - its called VESSLA.

Niki
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family