Help me find a wedding dress!

Options
I adore this dress by Sottero & Midgley but unfortunately it is far too expensive for my wedding budget! Has anyone seen anything anywhere similar to this but cheaper? (don't really want to spend more than £300). I really want a white lacy dress with short sleeves like this. Thanks in advance :j

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/printDress.aspx?style=JSM1394

Comments

• pm04gn
    pm04gn Posts: 280 Forumite
    Options
    I feel your pain. I also tried this one on before I found out the price. £1550 way too much, easily the most expensive I tried on.
    I got my maggie sottero dress from preloved, different style but still nice and lacy. Was £600 as an ex sample. From what I've seen you'll struggle to buy a new lace dress for your budget. I'd nearly given up.
    I suggest searching pre loved and eBay, then google 'dress name sale' and see if you find anything. Worked for me!

Otherwise consider a dressmaker or a Chinese dress.

HTH
  • faithless
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't seen one, the only thing I know which might help, I saw on some wedding programme a lace bolero with capped sleeves like in your picture tucked into a strapless dress, and it looked like it was all the same dress. So if you can't find the perfect one, but found a strapless dress you otherwise liked you might be able to add a bolero?
  • ladypike
    Options
    have a look on http://http://www.sellmyweddingdress.co.uk/database/search.php

I couldnt see that model on there but it may be worth keep checking and also to post your 'wanted' dress on the site x
  • cherylwantscake
    Options
    Thanks guys for the advice, I have seen a few similar looking ones on Ebay but I am just hesistant to buy a dress on there. I will keep looking though, it is so beautiful!! x
  • gemlcoleman
    Options
    Hey I have a couple of suggestions. I saw a bride's dress a while ago with lovely short lace sleeves... when i read further into the article i saw that the dress was vintage and had long sleeves but she got them altered. Maybe you could do the same?

The other suggestion is if youre anywhere near liverpool i know of a large bridal place where all dresses are under £300
  • cherylwantscake
    Options
    Thank you :) I live in London so I am sure there are lots of places I can visit. x
  • tiny_atoms
    Options
    Hey I have a couple of suggestions. I saw a bride's dress a while ago with lovely short lace sleeves... when i read further into the article i saw that the dress was vintage and had long sleeves but she got them altered. Maybe you could do the same?

The other suggestion is if youre anywhere near liverpool i know of a large bridal place where all dresses are under £300

Sorry to jump in...where about is the shop? I am in Liverpool.

Thanks
    Becci
  • bubbles0169
    Options
    have you tried the dress on anywhere yet?
    I am not bossy I just have better ideas:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport