Vehicle History Check

Options
So I've been using these text history checks and have only found out that they only apply to mainland GB. So all the history is only up until the vehicle was "exported" to NI

Anyone got a reasonably priced ones that include Northern Ireland?

I need to check a motorbike registration.

Thanks

Comments

• gmm30
    gmm30 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there,

I used AutoCheck from Experian when buying a car last year. It provides a guarantee for Northern Ireland registered cars, but only if you pay current market value or a certain percentage less. I got a real bargain on mine so the guarantee wouldn't have applied, but thankfully I didn't need it!

You can pay up front for a check, then when you're looking at the car/bike and think it's a serious possibility, type the registration number into your smartphone and get the report there and then, before making an offer.

Frustrating that most of them don't cover NI, but I was happy with Experian's service.
  • Citywalk
    Options
    I just asked for a refund for two checks I had done on that site. The first one mentioned nothing about a registration change that had happened. The DVLA told me me this.
    The second one had no history of the bike between 1994 and 2002. But said it had also had no registration change and was not an Import.
    That site couldn't even tell me the make or model! Wasn't happy.
  • gmm30
    gmm30 Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry they didn't work out for you. Maybe they're poor at motorbikes? Hopefully you got your refunds.

I think they're the only ones giving any sort of NI guarantee, so if they're no good, you'd be as well just going to HPI (cheaper if you do it via the RAC website I think) and trying them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure