nippon foreign exchange - scam?

Options
has anyone heard of nippon foreign exchange

Comments

• Km238
    Options
    Im just wondering why you ask, have you been contacted about a job?
  • samcol13
    Options
    yes I have, it seems like a strange one.....
  • jody7173
    Options
    I've been contacted by someone on behalf of them as well! I came across this thread when I was researching the company. Sounded good until I read the bit about opening and operating bank accounts, alarm bells rung then!
  • samcol13
    Options
    yeah, it does sound strange, ive been asked to send scanned copies of drivers lic and passport and fill in all my details on an application form, which i am reluctant to do, the website looks ok though?
  • SeanD
    SeanD Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 19 September 2012 at 10:14AM
    Options
    In the same boat here. My offer came via TotalJobs so it appears to have some provenance but will wait to see if totaljobs can confirm that they have used the agency before. Would like it to be true but......
  • Ahmed_Kaiser
    Options
    I have been looking everywhere for the website firm as they have send me an application form for this workplace.
    Do you know if anyone could help me find the webpage or the website?
  • sandileina
    Options
    This is almost definitely a scam, guys. I did a lot of digging around over the last couple of days, and not only does the phone number not seem to exist but the website was created very recently, which is a red flag in itself. Plus, it's hosted in America rather than Japan, which may not mean anything on its own but just adds to the pile at this point. Plus, what job application needs a scan of your passport at the initial stage? AND, what company pays a beginner £1200-£3000 a month to process payments?

The recruitment agency (hjrecruitmentagency.co.uk) seems to be a part of this scam, since nowhere can you actually contact them (if you try you're led to an error page) or actually upload your cv.

SCAMSCAMSCAM. Stay away and warn your friends, etc etc etc. :3
  • scaredofdebt
    Options
    If you're asked to process payments using multiple bank accounts it could well be money laundering, with some very unsavoury characters involved so I'd steer clear.

Of course, it could be totally legitimate, but I know what my money would be on!

Keep us posted please.
    Make £2018 in 2018 Challenge - Total to date £2,108
  • PlutoinCapricorn
    Options
    It is obviously money laundering. You are in danger of committing fraud and losing your own money.
    Who having known the diamond will concern himself with glass?

Rudyard Kipling

• EndlessStruggle
    EndlessStruggle Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 24 October 2012 at 3:58PM
    Options
    They are emailing people who have joined up to Totaljobs and/or Jobsite. I have had a lot of scam emails and rubbish since joining them, not sure which it is mainly coming from.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure