Refer.ly - Recommend products - Get paid

Options
mkooo
mkooo Posts: 329 Forumite
edited 17 September 2012 at 2:42PM in Boost your income
Hey guys,

I maid a thread about this in "Referrals", I wont put my referral link on this post however as it's up your income, I did feel it necessary to share it here too.
Refer.ly is a new website funded by "Ycombinator" in America.
It's coming to the UK soon but at the moment you can still make money promoting to an American audience. (You can be paid to your Paypal from any country). Twitter is not really country specific anyway, (just as an example).

Basically, you have 2 choices.
1. Make a cover photo yourself or pay someone on Fiverr to make one
2. Find a picture to add as a cover photo

(Why?) Well it's not really really important but the idea is to create a "page", a themed page, there are not many yet because the site is new, but the site is going to be popular becuase it lets you very quickly and easily share links to products plus you don't have to pass any requirements to be an affiliate, you are technically not really an affiliate of the company your relationship is with Refer.ly, they manage the affiliate relationships with around 500 other retailers.

So you get paid if someone buys the products, the same commission rate as you would on any other "affiliate network" to my best knowledge. The real power comes from the fact that anyone can do this and be running in seconds building up a following or use their existing following from Blogs, Twitter pages, YouTube and such.

So what you do is 1 of 2:
1. Find products you like, share links to them on blogs, twitter, Facebook pages etc.. (Should be to Americans at the moment).
2. Create a page on Refer.ly that is for a specific type of product, for example "Gifts under $20". So say you want to get 100 people to buy those gifts before christmas then I guess maybe you might make $40 off those. So about £30. At a commission rate of 2%, you may want to ask but Im not sure if the "Cookie Period" applies, if it does then happy days because that means you get paid for anything they buy in a month, week, 3 months etc... Say for example it was 5% (Amazon pays this as a flat rate), then you would make $100!/£60.

Obviously you need to get traffic to it but people are lazy, if you can find things they might be interested in for them, someone buys (it's trustworthy because they are taken direct to the retailer and buy through them not Refer.ly).
It gets tracked and you get paid.

You could create a FB/Twitter page, although people can follow you on Refer.ly
You could create a Squidoo/Hubspot post, all sorts.
You can buy traffic to it for $5/£3.50 on sites like https://www.fiverr.com

Try it out: http://refer.ly

Here is a list of merchants: http://www.refer.ly/merchants

I would say it's also fun to do because you could have a page for dresses and maybe you like window shopping so you get to spend time finding nice dresses

If you have any questions or want any tips please do let me know.

Best of luck!

Oliver
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family