An Appeal - Spalding & surrounding area

Hi Folks,
I don't ususally post stuff like this on here but my friend really needs help.
See, his boy was mown down by a hit and run on friday night and we're trying to find the vehicle involved and maybe the driver too.

here's the link to the news article

and here's the appeal from another of my friends (he's posted it on his facebook):

'SERIOUS APPEAL TO ANYBODY IN THE SPALDING AREA OF LINCOLNSHIRE: A cyclist was involved in a collision with a vehicle which didn’t stop, leavin' him dead at the side of the road in a ditch. It happened on the A151 Bourne Road between the Monks House Lane crossroads and Pode Hole at around 9pm. The lad was a son of a good friend of mine who I work the NABD rallies with, Creature.

Sgt Mark Carling, of Lincolnshire Police’s road policing unit, has issued an urgent appeal for information.
He particularly wants to hear from anyone who knows of a van that sustained “unexplained front or side damage” on Friday night.
He said information will be treated in the strictest confidence.

Please, if you have any information - anything at all on this, maybe you've seen the damaged van an' didn't realise it not knowin' about the accident - get in touch with Lincolnshire Police, call 101 quoting incident 9 of September 15.. There was enough damage to the van an' parts on the road an' at the side of the road that the police will be able to identify the make an' model of van. Please help if you can. Thanks.
--
A little background... his mum and little brother went looking for him because he hadn't arrived home at the usual time. they found him in the ditch.
I shouldn't have to write this but. Please don't troll or spam on this post, I'm finding it hard enough to cope with their loss as it is.
FEEL FREE to repost this on other forums and on facebook if you think it can help.

I'll try to keep you updated on what's happening as and when I get news myself.

Thanks for reading.
FA
x
just in case you need to know:
HWTHMBO - He Who Thinks He Must Be Obeyed
DS#1 - my twenty-year-old son
DS#2 - my teenaged son
Barkin Things - my two rescued/retired greyhounds

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I am sure that the police will capture the person responsible, and soon.
  • fannyadams
    fannyadams Posts: 1,739
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    UPDATE
    POLICE investigating the hit and run death of cyclist Timothy Osborn have released details of a vehicle that may have been involved.
    As the investigation into the death of the 27-year-old from Bourne Road, Pode Hall continues, police have said they are looking for a silver Transit-style van.
    It may be a Renault Trafic, Vauxhall Vivaro or Nissan Primastar model and was believed to have been in the area at the time of Friday night’s fatal collision.
    Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101, the collision witness hotline – 01522 558855 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
    --
    thank for looking - if ANYONE knows ANYTHING please contact Lincs Police.
    TIA
    FA
    x
    DS#2 - my teenaged son
  • fannyadams
    Forumite
    Published on Monday 17 September 2012 08:47 The family of Timothy Osborn - the cyclist killed in a hit and run in Spalding on Friday night - have opened their heart about him and urged the driver responsible to come forward.
    IT READS: Timothy James Osborn (27) is our eldest child of 4. He wasn’t the most academic person but he had many better qualities and we were extremely proud of him.
    Tim worked at Morrisons all his working life mostly in the car park pushing trolleys around and helping those who needed it to load their shopping into their cars. He loved his job and especially being outside in all weathers.
    Tim didn’t want much, he was a happy child, He always said as long as I have enough money to pay my rent, update my computer and my push bike. He loved to surprise us all with small thoughtful gestures and has left all of us with a very large hole in our lives.
    Tim was the light n soul of our family – always around with his fun and laughter. His family was extremely important to him and at family reunions, and parties or when we went on holidays he was the life n soul having fun and enjoying himself.
    Since Tim’s death on Friday Night, we have had so many messages of support we are finding it hard to keep up with them all. We are finding out just how special our Timothy was to other people helping them through hard times and being a shoulder to cry on.
    To the driver of the vehicle or their families and friends, we would like you to come forward so we can understand how this happened. We would also appeal to anybody else who has information however small to contact the police. Imagine how you would feel finding your child dying in a ditch at the side of the road not 5 mins away from home.
    PLEASE PLEASE come forward and hopefully you will never have to know just how hurt and destroyed we are.
    I would like to say a huge thank you to the Lincs Police, Ambulance & Fire brigade for all their hard work and dedication.
    We are just a normal family, who were like many families just living our own lives the best we could when this happened.
    Tim I am so sorry we couldn’t be there to stop this happening we love you forever and you will always be in our hearts.

R.I.P – TO A VERY SPECIAL SON
    Mum, Dad, Emma, Zoe & Michael
    --
    DS#2 - my teenaged son
  • fannyadams
    Forumite
    Published on Monday 17 September 2012 17:25 Monday, 4.30pm: Police investigating the fatal hit-and-run incident in Spalding on Friday have now made an arrest.
    A 41-year-old man from the Sleaford area is being held on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop at the scene of an accident, and failing to report an accident.
    He has been taken to Grantham Police Station for interview and a forensic examination of a vehicle is taking place.
    Lincolnshire Police continue to appeal for any witnesses who were in that area on Friday evening and who may have seen a silver coloured van around 9pm.
    Anyone with information should contact Lincolnshire Police on 101 or call the Collision Witness Hotline 01522 558855.
    DS#2 - my teenaged son
  • mchale
    mchale Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    Thanks for the update, lets hope they throw the book at him.
    ANURADHA KOIRALA ??? go on throw it in google.
  • fannyadams
    Forumite
    UPDATE
    Published on Tuesday 25 September 2012 13:48 Tuesday, 1.45pm: Officers investigating the hit-and-run death of Tim Osborn are trying to trace a driver who may hold vital clues.
    Sgt Chris Dennett, who is leading the inquiry into the 27-year-old’s death in Bourne Road, Spalding, on Friday, September 14, is looking for the driver of a red or burgundy 4x4 vehicle that was parked in Vine Street car park, behind Amici Italian restaurant that evening.
    The driver may have noticed the car was damaged whilst parked there.
    Sgt Dennett said: “I am keen to emphasise that the driver of this car is not being sought in connection with any offences but rather as an important potential witness.”
    The driver of the car is asked to contact the team urgently on 01522 558855.
    --
    September 18, 10.40am: Police have today released on bail the man arrested on Monday in connection with a fatal hit-and-run incident.
    The 41-year-old, from the Sleaford area, is due to return on November 28 following further police inquiries.
    --
    Thanks to mods for for moving this - dunno if anyone can help...
    DS#2 - my teenaged son
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts