SIA Licence.

Options
I'm thinking about going for my SIA security licence. Does anyone have any ideas about what sort of work I can get through a casual agency other than door work?

Comments

• londondealer
    Options
    Forgetting my manners thank you!
  • Catlin
    Options
    Event Stewarding - with or without an SIA licence. SIA licence will give you a higher hourly rate.
    If you are in London, as your name suggests, there is plenty of work - Wembley Stadium, Horse Racing, Football Clubs etc.
  • londondealer
    Options
    Thank you catlin!
  • whitelabel
    whitelabel Posts: 2,217 Forumite
    Options
    BTE the market is flooded at the moment of people who had theirs from the olympics and now looking for work

Networking in person is best to get work,
    but what other than door work are you wanting to do ?
    "casual agencies" are not likely to have work of this type as companies recruit direct
    for concerts and events try showsec, or g4s
    dont expect great pay or conditions

https://www.workingthedoors.co.uk is a forum for trained people have a read through and see whats on offer before you spend any money getting training, what the jobs are like and what possibilities there are for someone with no experience
    youll get some good advice there, but before you spend a penny research the company well
  • tommyboy1289
    Options
    Personally I wouldnt bother, too many idiots coming into the job now, no offence intended but the only decent work/money comes with working the doors, and lets face it, do you want some big 6ft 6 bloke who cant read/write (and cant do the course) to back you up or some 5ft scrawny academic type?

I know who i'd rather have, and their just dwindling out now, hence why i've stepped down and not bothered to renew my license.

But if you want to sit in a little box on 12 hour nights watching CCTV at a crisp factory working for minimum wage then crack on :beer:

Sorry for being so blunt but thats the way the jobs gone since the introduction of the SIA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure