Delivery

Options
I delivered the Phone Book last month and actually quite enjoyed doing it, basically getting paid to go for a walk, albeit with a load. Good exercise and cheaper than the gym. I also found that if you crack on the hourly rate works out pretty good. This was for Thomson and I will be doing the Thompson Local next.

Now my question is this, what other similar distribution jobs are there and who for ?

Comments

• TIB
    TIB Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Treadmill wrote: »
    I delivered the Phone Book last month and actually quite enjoyed doing it, basically getting paid to go for a walk, albeit with a load. Good exercise and cheaper than the gym. I also found that if you crack on the hourly rate works out pretty good. This was for Thomson and I will be doing the Thompson Local next.

Now my question is this, what other similar distribution jobs are there and who for ?

How do you find out about getting a job delivering the phone book? I'd be interested x
    Avon Lady :A
    OnePoll - £31.30 / OpinionWorld - [STRIKE]£10.00[/STRIKE] 550 points / Valued Opinions - £8.00 / PureProfile - £12.58 / SurveyFriends - 1074 points / Maximiles - 380 points :D
  • warwicktiger
    Options
    Just ring up all the companies that post leaflet through your door and find out who runs the distribution and approach them?
  • Avon2001
    Avon2001 Posts: 99 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2012 at 1:30PM
    Options
    Do you mean directory distribution or leaflet delivery? If the former contact the companies which publish books/catalogues/directories and ask who organizes their deliveries, if the latter just google leaflet-delivery + your area and you'll probably find at least a few companies which do it. Of course, you could always approach companies individually and ask if they have any leaflets they want put out.
  • Treadmill
    Treadmill Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Options
    TIB wrote: »
    How do you find out about getting a job delivering the phone book? I'd be interested x

http://www.thomsondirectories.com/distributedirectory.aspx

Thomson distribute the Phone Book, yellow pages and the Thomson local. I saw it in the jobs section of the paper and phoned up myself but this web form should work.
  • 2boysmum
    Options
    Deya, is the company that deals with the Yellow Pages, although they are usually around June for delivery
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure