We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Where is best place to sell a musical instrument

Options
Its an unwanted piano. Its a "baby grand" which I've been offered cheap, and want to sell it at the best price.

Does anyone have any suggestions - I've thought about eBay and Gumtree but was looking for somewhere a little more 'select' !!

Comments

• shmeeko69
    shmeeko69 Posts: 392 Forumite
    edited 7 September 2012 at 8:42AM
    Options
    Its an unwanted piano. Its a "baby grand" which I've been offered cheap, and want to sell it at the best price.

Does anyone have any suggestions - I've thought about eBay and Gumtree but was looking for somewhere a little more 'select' !!

You could start or look for a Facebook group who are involved in the buying or selling of musical instruments and in particular pianos. A friend of mine sells all of his second hand goods this way on a collection basis only and gets a fair price.

All the Best
    Lao Tzu - "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime"

Derek Bok - "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance"
  • COOLTRIKERCHICK
    Options
    I know someone who deals in pianos, do you know how many people you will need to shift that thing?:rotfl: so factor in the price of a few beers or a few quid for people to help you.. and to be honest, they are not selling, so maybe this is why you have been offered it cheap;)
    Work to live= not live to work
  • blufish_2
    Options
    Gumtree really isn't too bad an option. You name the price and you don't have to accept any offers you're not happy with. It's free, so you have nothing to lose really. I'd say it's definitely worth a try, even if as a last resort. You might be surprised ;) There are some baby grands going for between £500 — £900 on there. How much are you wanting for it?

Failing that, I can only think of preloved but that's very similar to Gumtree so may not be what you want.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure