Another worry about the OR

Does the OR look closely at loan/CC application forms....I may have 'embellished' the truth in one or two areas...can't quite remember.

Does anyone have any info/experience of this situation?

Thanks

Comments

• im1dful
    im1dful Posts: 117 Forumite
    Loan/CC applications aren't looked at as a general rule, however if your case goes for Further Investigation they will probably be requested and looked at.

The things where they may be looked at is if the OR is looking at doing a BRO on the grounds of obtaining credit with no reasonable prospect of repayment.
  • Oh thanks, that's the best news I've had in a while. My applications date back to 2004, and I've maintained payments ever since, so hopefully thats in my favour.

Sigh of relief audible...for now.
  • Oh thanks, that's the best news I've had in a while. My applications date back to 2004, and I've maintained payments ever since, so hopefully thats in my favour.

Sigh of relief audible...for now.

Well just a word of warning it depends on your OR. Mine was pretty horrible and seemed to be looking for reasons to apply for a BRO.

I took out a loan in 2005 and my application is apparently being looked at to see what i stated as income, which although was to the best of my knowledge, still alerted them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure