Nat West Pensions

Options
Hi, can anyone help. I was made redundant by Nat West bank 20 years ago after working for them for 10 years.
Can anyone tell me if I am entitled to a pension from them ?

Aceshigh

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Were you a member of the pension scheme?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You may be but as I recollect ( a relation worked for them many years ago) you had to be a certain age and to have worked for the bank for a certain time before you could join the scheme - once you had, I think it was a non contributory defined benefit type pension.

Natwest is now part of RBS so you might have to contact their pension administrators?

Might it be worth writing to this address in Croydon? RBS, Group Pensions Services, PO Box 1390, Croydon, CR9 1YB
    http://www.rbspeople.com/content/microsites/pensioners/pdf/newsletter-2011.pdf might be worth a look?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure