PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Help needed please?

Options
Hi everyone...I was just wondering if you could help me...I have bought a 1.5 kg piece of brisket...I have a slow cooker...low/medium/high settings...what seing do I cook it on and for how long?...also do I put it in on it's own or do I put stuff with it...any help would be gratefully received...thanks

Comments

• newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I would do a pot roast with stock and veggies, put it on medium and leave it for 8 hours or so. I'd serve it with mashed potatoes to mop up the lovely gravy.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks newleaf that sounds lovely....I don't have a lot of expierience with my slow cooker...as you can probably guess but want to put it to good use...thanks..
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi taxi,

I'd do it exactly as newleaf says and it will be delicious. Sometimes I add a bit of worcester sauce, black pepper and a bayleaf for extra flavour.

The replies on these older threads may give you more ideas too:

what can I do with Brisket?

What would you do with a 1.85KG Beef Brisket in a slow cooker?

Pink
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think the last 1.5kg one I did I cooked for 5/6 hours on low then and hour on medium. I usually use a stock aswell, sometimes with a bottle of ale/stout, a few veg but not mushrooms until last as they went funny but tend to wrap in foil before I put it in, something I've always done.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou for those ideas and I'll have a look at those other threads..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure