Floor Fillers

Options
Been asked what records we want at our wedding .....looking for floor fillers ie dancing queen rock DJ any more sugestions would be helpfull.

Comments

• snails's_pace
    snails's_pace Posts: 2,121 Forumite
    Options
    come on eileen -dexys midnight runners
    Bring back mark and lard NOW! or else (please) clique member no. 10 :j

"When a woman steals your man,there is no better revenge than to let her keep him"

I maybe blonde, have many moments and have big bazookas but my brain is in gear
  • tinselfairy
    tinselfairy Posts: 501 Forumite
    Options
    Grease mega-mix and things like the Time Warp and Macarana (sp?)
    ...it is not of more importance than daily life, which I have an enduring wish to make as useful and beautiful as possible.

Georgie Burne-Jones
  • snowmaid
    snowmaid Posts: 3,494 Forumite
    Options
    Locomotion, rock around the clock, Whitney Houston's 'I wanna dance with somebody', Abba's 'Waterloo', Beatles 'yellow submarine', Elvis' 'Jailhouse Rock',
  • dianadors
    dianadors Posts: 801 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Love shack seems to do it!
  • rose_sparky
    rose_sparky Posts: 939 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Scissor Sisters - I Feel Like Dancing does it for me!
  • brownie2
    brownie2 Posts: 102 Forumite
    Options
    Amarillo - Tony Christie!
    Come on baby, in our dreams we can live on misbehaviour.

I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel
  • shimmigirl
    shimmigirl Posts: 333 Forumite
    Options
    don't stop me now - queen,
    dancing in th moonlight - toploader
  • bubblebathgirl
    Options
    brown eyed girl van morrison
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    It depends on the guests, and no two crowds are the same! Eg - Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing, normally packs the dancefloor, but hubby played it at a wedding last weekend, and the dancefloor emptied :confused:

There are three ways of doing a wedding disco. You can use anyone of these methods or mix them up depending on how the night is going.

1) Send out a slip with your invites asking each party to list their favourite dancing songs. Pass the list to the DJ, who should be able to work from that and keep everyone happy. Bear in mind, (s)he'll have the final say on tunes and what order they are played though. We've just got a list that included a couple of R&B songs with obscence lyrics in. You just can't play that stuff at family gatherings as some will find it offensive.

2) Print out request slips and leave them on the tables, so guests can jot down what they want on and hand them to the DJ. Again, (s)he'll have the final say, as for example, putting a slow song on in the middle of a fast dancey set will just kill it.

3) Leave it up to the DJ. If they are good at their job, they'll have already been watching guests arrive and while they have the buffet. You can tell by head nodding and toe tapping what types of music different tables like. A good DJ will keep the genres mixed up all night, playing short sets of 3-4 songs per genre. This keeps everybody interested all of the time, and you don't isolate groups of people for long periods which is when they get bored and go home.

Hope all goes well and you have a lovely wedding :beer:
    Here I go again on my own....
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Disco inferno is a must. I'd have to have into the groove by madonna as well if it was me :) ain't that a kick in the head by Dean Martin has a great wedding-y vibe and all age groups will go for it. Or of course that's amore. You have to have a bit of cheese at a wedding :) Groove is in the heart by deelite is also great. He's the greatest dancer by sister sledge also encourages the men to strut their stuff...oooh let me come and do the music for you :)

Most of all though have music you both love!! It's your day after all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure