🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

37 and want my pension contributions when i lave uk?

Options
Hello all,

I currently have a Canadian visa which expires in Feb 12 and after a failed attempt at immigration last year Im planning to give it another go;)

However my cash reserves are not huge to support me while i look for work, and i would really like to retrieve my pension contributions.

I think Im probably right in assuming that since 2010 there is now way i can retrieve until im 55?

Does anyone know if this is 100% the case and if theres anything I can do to access what is my money!:mad:

Would be REALLY grateful for any help at all.

Thanks,
Stuart:)

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    stuartmack wrote: »
    I think Im probably right in assuming that since 2010 there is now way i can retrieve until im 55?

In 2010 merely the age changed I which pension benefits could be drawn. Given your 37 this made no difference to you.

The answer is no to your question.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family