how much for christening?

My friend'sister invited me for her 10 months old girl christening.....Any ideas, please....
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
26.06.2008 -£39726.82
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Comments

• PixieDust
    PixieDust Posts: 944 Forumite
    First Post
    I would go along to A$da and buy a pretty outfit for age 12-18 months and the parents will be delighted with it :)
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    I would always go with a little bit of money for her bank account. I still have christening presents in my cabinet from my own two, more than 30 years ago. Useless stuff really.

Clothes maybe but what I did for my grandchildren was buy one of those World Gifts for my grandchildren. Chickens, pigs etc. for people in disadvantaged countries to raise and feed themselves. Most of the big charities have a range of gifts.
  • I'm a big fan of books for Christenings. Most parents are happy with a selection of children's picture books, and you can get some good deals from the Book People with sets of 10 popular titles for £9.99 plus postage (or spend over £25 for free p&p).

You can also consider a set of children's classics for when the child is a lot older, but I think more immediate enjoyment can be found in pictuure books. It also encourages parents to read to their children, which is always good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure