Quick ways to sort the board eg by end date & New Topic

Options
13»

Comments

• Marg2k8
    Marg2k8 Posts: 5,838 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That seems to be something to do with the recent changes. The best suggestion I have seen so far seems to be to sort by highest number of views. (Sort of top right corner of the posts).
  • RatGirl
    RatGirl Posts: 11,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 2 February 2013 at 1:42PM
    Options
    I've noticed the 6th Jan ones are still all there and not gone to game over, anyone know why? x

and the 18th Jan x
  • vikki_louise
    vikki_louise Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Is there a way to sort them by end date know or do you have to search for every day?
    Best wins in 2013 £200 and Mini iPad. 2014 no wins. 2015 2 nights 5* hotel with £300 vouchers plus £1150 Harrods gift card
    Rehome an unwanted prize or gift with a seriously ill child through Postpals.co.uk
  • Painkiller
    Painkiller Posts: 6,146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 November 2015 at 7:13PM
    Options
    Added links for most popular in the last 4 weeks and reverse popularity + removed sticky filter as there's only 1 sticky thread left on the main board...

1 Day Popularity

3 Day Popularity

1 Week Popularity

4 Week Popularity

All-time Popularity

Reverse Popularity - Finds popular comps that haven't been bumped in months but also comps that are well beyond their closing date but haven't been expired
  • Roger_Rampant
    Roger_Rampant Posts: 3,282 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Really interesting thread, which has answered for me whether you can permanently have this part of the forum set to automatically display the listing by Thread Start Time instead of Last Post Time.

Listing by Thread Start Time means that it doesn't matter when somebody bumps a thread because it stays in the same place. Obviously the downside is that you might not notice if somebody tries to notify you of an oversight or error, but they can always PM you! :cool:

Then I wouldn't have to go down to the bottom of the first page every time I come here to change it from Last Post Time to Thread Start Time > Descending > Last Week, then click on Show Threads. I had a look through the User CP options and couldn't find a way, but I have just changed my FF bookmark to http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=72&page=1&pp=40&sort=dateline&order=desc instead of http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72. Simples. Thanks guys! :rotfl:

One thing that I noticed was that, even though my User CP has my options set to automatically always show 40 threads per page, I still had to edit the link from saying pp=20 to pp=40 manually, whereas I would have expected it to do that for me automatically.

Sorry if I have dragged your thread off-topic :o

Anyway, when I click on the "button" for End Date View it starts at 31st December, maybe that's intentional?

The popularity ones are quite interesting, but presumably the more popular they are the lower your chances are of winning them? :p
    Thanks to all who post constructively.
    H
    ave an A1 day!
  • Painkiller
    Painkiller Posts: 6,146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 November 2015 at 7:11PM
    Options
  • avvie
    avvie Posts: 6,520 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just want to say thankyou for making this thread! Makes things so much easier for me and now go through all the ages of the most popular threads!
    October2022 Wins -2 ~Tshirt x2 2022 Wins ~ 5 *TShirtx3*7UP*ChupaChupsBundle
  • Torialou78
    Torialou78 Posts: 1,295 Forumite
    Options
    non of these work for me - I used to just type E: 11/11 for example and it brought them up now it brings everything for Nov
  • RAP_2
    RAP_2 Posts: 402 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Wow consider this thread bookmarked. Very helpful thank you x
    2017 wins = £1350
    2016 wins = £125 (18 months off comps)
    2015 wins = £6,460
    2014 wins = £1,350
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories