Luke's debt free dream

Options
Hi everyone, first of all I'd like to say this is a great forum, came across it a few weeks ago and I'm hooked into getting debt free.

I'm currently in a sticky situation with money and what to save for/pay off first. So I'm currently on the housing list with my partner and her 2 boys and have been told we could be housed permanently this year as we currently live in temp accommodation. So we're trying to save for household things. But just 3 weeks ago we found out that we're having a baby which is my first and her 3rd, the baby is due in April and we've started a little fund for the baby :)

Inbetween all this we have my debt which needs reducing ASAP as I'm worried we won't be able to afford our new house without one or more of my debt to paid off. I've started doing surveys and using quidco and top cash back. Also I've stopped shopping in asda and started shopping in tesco to gain clubcard points.

If I carry on like I am I'll be debt free around 2015 which is too long considering the events that are going to be happening in the near future.
I suppose my big question is what do you think I should do first? Save for the baby fund, pay off my credit card? My car finance will hopefully disappear in the next month as I'm doing a balance transfer then selling my 2.0 turbo juice drinking car for something cheap and economical.

Any advise would be appreciated
Thanks
Luke
Debt free at last!!:rotfl:

Comments

• Luke87_2
    Luke87_2 Posts: 14 Forumite
    edited 21 October 2012 at 8:16PM
    Options
    Decided I'm going to allow myself £300 a month for petrol and food etc, so I'm going to withdraw £75 every Monday and make it last. Whatever is left at the end of the week will either go into the baby fund or pay towards my credit card. How does this sound?
    Thanks
    Luke
    Debt free at last!!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills