Cheap shops or Markets Aberdeen

Blether
Blether Posts: 273 Forumite
Are there any clearance shops, markets or car boots in Aberdeen? Must be able to get there by public transport. Thanks

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Car Boots at Stonehaven Square, Thainstone Market and Portlethen pretty much every Sunday in the summer. All are very easy to get to by public Transport from Aberdeen.

Markets - Forget it. They are all run by private companies as public events and you need very deep pockets to go to them. The nearest real market of any size is Dundee, although there are smaller markets in some Buchan towns that look promising but I've not been to them.

Clearance shops - again the usual fly by night rip-offs and even the charity shops can be dearer than high St stores.
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    pogofish wrote: »
    Car Boots at Stonehaven Square, Thainstone Market and Portlethen pretty much every Sunday in the summer. All are very easy to get to by public Transport from Aberdeen.

Markets - Forget it. They are all run by private companies as public events and you need very deep pockets to go to them. The nearest real market of any size is Dundee, although there are smaller markets in some Buchan towns that look promising but I've not been to them.

Clearance shops - again the usual fly by night rip-offs and even the charity shops can be dearer than high St stores.
    Can I ask where/when the market is in Dundee please?
    Booo!!!
  • Violetta_2
    Violetta_2 Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Thank you, i thought you were reffering to a bargain type market, I find the farmer's market expensive.
    Booo!!!
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Its very considerably cheaper than the Aberdeen one then!

A friend your way rates Forfar for bargain stuff IIRC - She's a charity shop feind.
  • p999j
    p999j Posts: 185 Forumite
    Can firmly recommend the Thainstone one. Prices are excellent.
    Part is sellers with new items, part car boot. Biggest one I have ever been to.

Some info on phone number, locations, etc on here but their map is crap. http://www.remotegoat.co.uk/event_view.php?uid=2735

They are on from 9am-4 or 5pm every Sunday.

Look up map by postcode on above website and find. Alternatively the very grand Thainstone hotel is at the same turnoff at the same roundabout on the Aberdeen to Inverness road.
    "To exercise power costs effort and demands courage." Oscar Wilde

"There is no road too long to the man who advances deliberately and without undue haste" Jean de La Bruyère

"Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport