Bio-Oil

Options
I've seen and heard about this product for reducing the appearance of scars and stretch marks etc....

Does it really work? and is it worth £10 for a small bottle? ...or is it just like all the others out there and smell terrible yet do nothing! :confused:

What are your recommendations?

Comments

• mookiandco
    mookiandco Posts: 1,294 Forumite
    Options
    My OH has a recent scar on his neck from a thyroid operation. I bough bio-oil from ebay to rub on the scar. The scar has healed really well and i think it help massaging the oil into it every day. However, I cant really say whether it would have healed just as well if i hadnt been rubbing bio-oil on the scar.
    Proud Mummy to Leila aged 1 whole year:j
  • EthelBloggs
    EthelBloggs Posts: 2,740 Forumite
    Options
    It's definitely worth the money!!

A friend of mine recently lost a lot of weight (12stone) and he was advised to use bio oil all over his body.. and guess what.. he''s got no saggy skin or anything so won't need surgery to remove it!

I use it too and it's definitely faded the stretch marks on my stomach that my babies left me and my skin feels much smoother and looks healthier.
    ☆ §ügÅr cØÅTëÐ pØï§Øn ☆
    Murphys no more pies club Member #41 :dance:
    12 stone down! :j
    Tiff Appreciation Society Member #2

• poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    i used it to get rid of my stretchmarks and i found that it was going to be costly as the bottle only lasted a week for me
  • livinginhope
    livinginhope Posts: 1,897 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    This was featured on a TV programme the other day and the evidence showed that,rubbing ANY oil or cream on your skin,will help heal scars and firm the skin,it isn't the oil,but the rubbing motion.Personally I wouldn't waste £10 on a bottle,I would spend £1.25 on a bottle of normal baby oil.
    Debt at highest £102k :eek:
    Lightbulb moment march 2006
    Debt free october2017 :j
    Finally sleeping easy in my bed :A
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you look up any good aromatherapy book it will give you a recipe for a blend for stretch marks. Can't remember the recipe off the top of my head sorry but I know the ingredients cost me no more than 4 quid and lasted me over 8 months with daily use (I used this after losing a lot of weight).
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • krayzechick
    krayzechick Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    cool, thankyou for your reviews! :)
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    what about for un-even skin tone and unsightly pigmentation, it's supposed to be ace for that?? Otherwise any advice?
  • asea
    asea Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    try olive oil instead, my sister used it for her stretch marks & swears by it!

(although she is a bit smelly, i just won't tell her :p )
    nothing to see here, move along...
  • krayzechick
    krayzechick Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    This was featured on a TV programme the other day and the evidence showed that,rubbing ANY oil or cream on your skin,will help heal scars and firm the skin,it isn't the oil,but the rubbing motion.Personally I wouldn't waste £10 on a bottle,I would spend £1.25 on a bottle of normal baby oil.

Ah yes I read somewhere about dry brushing... rubbing anything on the surface of the skin for a period of time stimulates the cells to regenerate.

I remember when I was younger mum telling me to rub my toothbrush (wet) on my lips for 5 mins to stimulate them!! gets rid of chapped skin too! :T
  • LifeisEvenbetter
    Options
    I used bio-oil throughout my pregnancy - I have no stretch marks at all. Not sure whether that was really down to the oil or whether like Livinginhope reports it was down to the rubbing action of application! Made my skin really soft too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure